Week 9

Its been a week since I finished the 30 min run and I was a bit nervous about running today but I DID IT!!!!Did the full 30 mins. The first ten mins was tough but I ploughed through with Laurs's help. Will not be taking such a long break again but I am so delighted that I did today. So if anyone gets disillusioned about stopping and afraid to get back into it do not give up. This is the first thing that i have stuck to long term which gives me great hope in other aspects of my life.!!!!Need that new podcast though!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

5 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • well done :) i get nervous too if i've had a gap but by this point you've built up enough stamina that a week or so won't really put you back.

• Well done that is brilliant!

• Thank you. Feel great about it

• A lot of this whole running thing is just learning about your body and what does and doesn't affect it, it always amazes me.

I can have a break and run brilliantly, run regularly and feel like a bag of spuds!

Still, another experience you have in the bag so next time maybe a break won't feel so troublesome? After a while you build up an armoury of these little battle scars and they help a heap.

• Well said. A lot of my thinking before i ran today was that if I cant do it I ll be disappointed in myself. that made me do it more I think. Thanks for your comment. Very wise!!!!

You may also like...