week 9 run 2

Hiya, well today I went above and beyond my wk 9 run 3.

The rain started about 2mins in and steadily got heavier and heavier. At 30 mins Id just about done 2miles. Daz said that I had to make my 2miles, then it was lets go to that corner, then 'we're near the bird hut', after that I just kept running.

I finally stopped at 2.60miles 41mins 32secs - the longest and furthest that Ive ever ran!

Downside, I was very very wet!! The waterproof I was wearing was absolutely soaked through! Still very fun though! Definately feeling it tonight though in my knees!

Run 3 and the end of my C25K journey (at least the 9 week plan) will be at an end. However, Im definately not stopping - gonna keep at it and try and get my 5k!! After that, who knows, I may even go for a 10K run!!

6 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Envious - I wanted rain !

Well done !

• Well done you :) Am feeling very envious of anyone that has made it out this week!

• Done my week 9 run 2 in the rain too and ran for 35 mins as my i pod kept jumping ??? water logged.

One more to go.

• Mine was a wettish one too and my phone does not function well in the wet so I was worried. But I did also have to do the strange dance that stripping off my hoody involves whilst not stopping.

• Well done, you have done brilliantly (I have not had to run in more than drizzle so far!). I did a parkrun a few weeks after I managed to get to 5k - didnt think I would like it but my big sis persuaded me! It was a lot of fun, so if there is one in your area I warmly suggest you have a go!

• I would do a park run, and there are several in the area where I live, only downside is that I work Saturdays so am unable to go to them :( But on up side, Ive been looking at the course layouts, and may attempt them on my days off!!

You may also like...