shoelaces

OK, It would appear that I've reached the grand old age of 49 unable to tie my own shoelaces, at least not so that they'll stay knotted for the duration of a 5k run (note how I just manage to slip into the question the fact that I've made it to 5k!).

What's the secret magic knot technique that everyone else seems to know except me? (And don't say velcro).

8 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi! I have perfected my shoe lace technique as hate floppy bows when running! A double knot then, drum roll, tuck the bows under the knot! Also tie laces tighter than feels comfortable as will give when running. And there is nothing worst than having to stop a run to sort out laces....!

• Oh! and well done for reaching the 5k!! phew nearly missed that bit in my nerdy shoe-lace lecture!! ;)

• Ooh, I like your style! And congratulations on being the first person to respond to the Most Mundane Post of the Month (I hope).

• I use the double bow technique, however it does take 3 times as long to untie them when you're finished! Well done on the 5K :)

• Well done on the 5K!

• Well done on the 5k!

And now for the laces: blog.ted.com/2011/05/20/how...

(Good thing there's a TED talk for everything. And it works too. For me at least.)

• Superb!

• or (as a reward for reaching 5K!) treat yourself to some stretchy laces, like telephone wire, my son has a learning disability and he used them for years, they dont need tying at all!!they sell them in the running shops and kids shops too xx

well done too !! x

You may also like...