Week 7 run 1!

My first outdoor run this morning and I didn't quite manage 25 minutes. Funny thing is I don't feel that bad about it. Last time I didn't complete a run because I pulled a muscle I was so annoyed with myself but now I realise I tried and next time I'll get there. Might have to go back to my old c25k app though, the music on this one is awful and I nearly swore at Laura's chirpiness today!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I think we have all swore at Laura at some point, I hope she doesn't take it personally! You're right not to be hard on yourself, the important thing is that you tried and 20mins is still a great run, just keep at it.

Plus just keep in mind only 2 more weeks until we can listen to better music! :D

• Agree about the music - I really liked the first few weeks but these later ones are a bit naff in places! I'm going to grit my teeth and get through it, then create my own playlists for post-5k.

• I have to agree about the music...week 9 is awful!!! 2 more to go until I can listen to my own!!!

You are so right to be beat yourself up about not achieving today's 25 mins (a lesson I had to learn) ....it's only one bad run but bet you ran for longer than you have before!!! Move on r2 next!! :)

• I gave up on the music (and Laura!) around week 7 and now use my own, including a couple of tunes from "Rocky" that really do the job! I'm so sad!!

You may also like...