Unbelievable - never thought I'd be able to do it

I'm 63 and have never run in my life and was beginning to feel sorry for myself - aches and pains, stiff joints and no stamina.I am an ex- heavy smoker but gave up 7 years ago. My daughter inspired me by completing "Couch to 5k" herself. I am now on week 7 running for 25 mins non-stop. My recovery time is pretty good too.

I can't believe it - I feel great and though it's no walk in the park it is certainly achievable by almost anyone.

Daughter and I are planning to run my first 30 minutes run together.

8 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Very well done Peter48 on giving up the smoking and on getting to week 7 - it's a tough thing to do at any age and I think you're the oldest poster that I've seen on the programme. There are a few of us at around the 50+ mark (I'm 51) and there's no getting away from it, it's a life changing experience when you suddenly realise you CAN run!!

You must be very proud of yourself, and no wonder. You'll have a great time running out with your daughter for your 30 mins and she will be very proud of you!!

:)

• Well done you, you must be very proud. People like you are an inspiration to us all. !

• Well done Peter :)

I'm 49 and am new to all this running lark too, I'm on week 4, but I've never ever run before, apart from for the bus and that was a good few years ago too! I wish I'd done this years ago.

Good luck for the rest of the programme :)

• Great Peter, well done!

• That's fantastic Peter48, Well done. You'll be a new man. :)

• Lovely to read - I'm dragging my 72 year old mum round with me. She has a bm of 27 and mine is 35, so I think I'm finding it as hard as her. I will tell her about your post :)

• Thanks for your comment and good luck - I'm positive you can do it especially with your young mum in tow.

• Well Done Peter, I am in my 50s. This time last year I was a 17stone 9lb fifty year old. This year I am a 12stone 51 year old fitness addict! lol the couch 25k has definitely helped, I am on week 7 run 1 and just ran for 25 mins none stop. feeling well chuffed with myself. Keep it upx

You may also like...