Week one finished!

I wasn't feeling great this afternoon. One of the reasons for getting into shape is intermittent depression and I was feeling low today.

The odd thing was, even though I just wanted to curl up in bed and tell the world to go away, I really wanted to go out and do the last run of week one. Maybe it is already messing with my brain, but I actually wanted to run even when my mind thought walking was too much.

I feel better now. Maybe the cold air and the sore muscles have filled my body with endorphins, so I'm feeling a temporary buzz from the run, but I'm not looking a gift-horse in the mouth right now.

One day off, then I'll be back out on Monday to finally lock in a M-W-F routine which should fit my life better. Next stop: week 2!

7 Replies

oldestnewest
  • well done you! i wasnt feeling great today and should have gone yesterday really had to drag myself today but i did it and feel better for it now, alittle buz as you say. Im half way through my secoud week by the way

• Sometimes just getting yourself out of the door is the hardest thing. But however hard the programme has got (I just finished week 6) I always felt better for having made the effort. Fresh air and, hopefully, sunshine are always a great boost. Good luck.

• I deliberately avoided the sunshine, so I got a sunset of pinks, gold and oranges instead. I also got to see the moon, which was nice. As to the fresh air, I could have done with a little less fresh, because it was giving me goosebumps...

• well done & bring on week 2! i think there is always a greater sense of achievement after a run if i didn't wan't to go outfor in the first place...so good on you winning the mental battle. Like Debbzi I'm on w6...will have to give myself a big talking to tonight to ensure I can be up and out there first thing tomorrow for r3 (yikes!)

• Well, I'd let my doubts and reluctance and concerns over ill-health stop me since December. Getting started on Tuesday was the challenge and everything else since then has just been about keeping the momentum...

• Just starting myself and I too have good and bad days. I am hoping the bad days will get fewer and fewer whilst doing this. Good luck.

• Good luck with week two. I got I to this for a similar reason and found the steady slow build gives such a nice ongoing sense of achievement and the routine got me out of bed on so many of those curl up days that I wish I had done it before (not that it works like that of course).

There is no magic bullet I guess but to continually be able to say "I can do this now and two weeks ago I couln't" is a real boost.

Enjoy the journey.

You may also like...