W8R1 - and a negative split!: I think the cold... - Couch to 5K

Couch to 5K
88,202 members120,250 posts

W8R1 - and a negative split!

Sook2
Sook2
7 Replies

I think the cold weather is helping me keep moving - 5 degrees according to my watch. It was fun to get a bit further along my out-and-back towpath run and I was surprised that I went past the starting point on the return, meaning I’d done a (teensy) negative split.

I was a bit overdressed so next time I’ll leave off the arm warmers and maybe just wear one pair of tights!

7 Replies
oldestnewest
Buddy34
Buddy34Graduate

It takes a few runs in different weather to see how much layers you need. Great you've now completed wk8r1. Well done you 😊😊

1 like
Grannytobe
GrannytobeGraduate

Only by running in different weather do you know what your body needs to keep both warm enough and free enough to get out there. I find as long as top half warm legs look after themselves so still in knee length in -2 happy running

1 like
Wenderwoo

Well done on the run! Forgive my ignorance, but what’s a negative split?

1 like
abitwobbly
abitwobblyGraduate
in reply to Wenderwoo

It's often intentional and it's where you pace yourself slower at the start of a race with the idea of speeding up for the second half or towards the end of a race 😊

2 likes
Sook2
Sook2
in reply to Wenderwoo

Yes it’s when the second half of a session is faster than the first half

1 like
abitwobbly
abitwobblyGraduate

Well done! I think the cooler weather is good PB territory for us all 😊 I didn't know how to dress for the weather this morning either, having only run in warmer weather til now - I think I started with 4 layers 😃

1 like
Rhedeg2019
Rhedeg2019Graduate

Well done! You’re so close to the end now 👍🏼 It did make me chuckle you said ‘just one pair of tights’ 😜 I’m a bit over zealous about layers too 😂

1 like

You may also like...