Week 5, Day 3 (yes, another post): This is... - Couch to 5K

Couch to 5K
83,004 members114,512 posts

Week 5, Day 3 (yes, another post)

This is actually what brought me here. What a shock to find out I'd be running 20 minutes instead of the *8* minute intervals I'd done just the day before.

I was slow, but I DID IT. At first, I was sort of depressed because I felt so slow, weak, and pathetic, but I was feeling good so I decided to jog another 10 minutes after the 20 and was amazed at myself. And there were HILLS!

Will I ever get faster, though? I gave myself credit as long as I kept jogging, no matter how slow or sad it probably looked.

8 Replies
oldestnewest

Nothing wrong with running slowly, it really builds stamina!!! Disco Runner and others on here swear by the Japanese Slow Jogging method - there's a great video on YouTube.

1 like

Don't worry about speed teapotrunner, you ran for 20 minutes today, congratulations.

Run 3 of week 5 is a milestone run with C25K, onwards and upwards to week 6 run 1 but be careful about that run as it catches out some people with the interval walks and runs, just take all the runs

slowly. 😊 🏃

2 likes

PS Meant to add a big well done for completing Week 5,Run 3! That's a real milestone! No need to add any extra minutes on though - why risk overdoing it and injuring yourself when you're doing so well?

1 like

I have a tendency to be all or nothing in general. Honestly, I was just feeling good and didn't want the feeling to go away just yet :).

1 like

Slow is good it will get you to the end of each run well done 😊😊

Congratulations on your milestone run.

Feeling good is not a wise reason for pushing beyond the programme.

Injury can come out of the blue and stop you from running for days, weeks or months.

Take care.

2 likes

I appreciate the concern, but C25K is not the only way to learn to run. It's not a cult; it's just one program. I was a runner before and never used any app to do it. Thanks, though.

2 likes

You put exactly the most important bit in capitals ....YOU DID IT!! And adding another 10 minutes on .... you’re on a roll. Congratulations for rising to the challenge, you’re stronger than you thought?

You may also like...