Well, I have survived week one! No small achievement for someone who said she would only run if she was being chased, and if that thing chasing her was fast enough, she might just let it eat her.
In week one I have learnt some very important lessons:
1) Once you’re out the door you feel like you may as well get on with it, so I put my kit on and get outside, even when I don’t feel like it.
2) Runners high is a real phenomenon. Even though I’ve not gone ‘full run’ yet, I can see how it can become really addictive.
3) Compression leggings, with a high waist, are life!
4) Kasabian and Bastille make excellent running tunes.
5) Week one does not mean instant fitness; I put my back out reaching for a pen, so results are not instant!
6) I genuinely miss not having time to go for a run, something I never thought I would ever feel.
So here I am, one run into week two, still feeling positive. Long may it continue!