Running club update!! W8r3 ✅: Well I didn’t do... - Couch to 5K

Couch to 5K
88,399 members120,509 posts

Running club update!! W8r3 ✅

Shelley2310
Shelley2310Graduate
10 Replies

Well I didn’t do as well as Phoenix, it I did my 28 mins so that’s w8r3 done! I was at the back and I was doing a very slow ‘jog’ the lady I was with walked!! They didn’t seem to mind though and I proved I could hold a conversation. Still only covered 3k in the 28 mins! I will be going back....although perhaps they might not want me to!! Happy running all 🏃‍♀️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♀️🏃‍♂️

10 Replies
oldestnewest
Oldfloss
OldflossAdministrator

They certainly will want you.. awesome runner... well done!

1 like
ktsok
ktsokGraduate

Well done Shelley, you are so brave! And running for 28 minutes whilst talking is, quite frankly, an amazing achievement 👏 👏 👏

1 like
Shelley2310
Shelley2310Graduate
in reply to ktsok

Thanks it was VERY slow, I could walk faster 🤣🤣

ktsok
ktsokGraduate
in reply to Shelley2310

C25k will be proud of you, I know. Slow ‘n’ steady wins the day 😊

1 like
Tartancat
TartancatGraduate

Slow is the new fast - you did great!!

1 like
Shelley2310
Shelley2310Graduate
in reply to Tartancat

Thanks

1 like
UnfitNoMore
UnfitNoMoreAdministrator

They’d best want you to! You ran 28 minutes and beat a fear of running in front of others... that’s an amazing job tonight. As for the back runner walking... the record for marathon walking is under 3 hours, I don’t know any people personally who can run sub 3... and nobody can run sub 2... and the biggest impact of running I can measure is my walking is speeding up. So I wouldn’t be measuring my performance against what was probably a quick runner walking at very fast pace.

Well done!

1 like
Shelley2310
Shelley2310Graduate
in reply to UnfitNoMore

Thank you 😊

Wimborne
WimborneGraduate

That’s fantastic. So pleased it went well for you. Part of a running group now. Go you 😄

1 like
Shelley2310
Shelley2310Graduate
in reply to Wimborne

Thank you 😊

You may also like...