Couch to 5K
76,474 members β€’ 108,006 posts

1st run wk 1 - I did it 😍

Vowed to start Couch to 5k as my hubby is 50 in 9 weeks and I wanted something to aim for. My initial thoughts were "I won't be able to do this" but I listened to Sarah M as inspiration and kept thinking "I'm am only running for 60 secs". Feeling great! First proper exercise I've done in years. Run 2 = Thurs. wish me luck!

19 Replies
oldest β€’ newest

Fantastic Viv!! Well done you!! You sound as though you’re in the zone, but of course...good luck anyway!! Go for it!! 🀩🀩❀️

1 like

Thank you 😍

1 like

Good luck I have just finished W1 run 3 and feel great!

1 like

Well done πŸ‘

Good luck on Thursday.

1 like

Welcome to the forum and well done on getting started.

This guide to the plan is essential reading healthunlocked.com/couchto5...

Enjoy your journey.

1 like

Thank,you and I managed to read essential reading to the end! #stamina 🀣

1 like

You sound much better than I did after my W1R1, I did not feel great and wasn't sure how I was going to ever do it but I'm now a graduate running x3 a week! I think you're going to smash this but good luck!

2 likes

Wow - you're inspiring me, thank you!

I’ve just started c25k today aswell πŸŽ‰

3 likes

Good luck too, I plan on taking it one run at a time. I am realistic, I may not like each run, but I am moving more!

Me too. Felt a bit silly but pleased I did it. Surprised how out of breath I was!

1 like

Not so much out of breath, but did sweat quite a bit - eeewwww

I did my second run of week 1 tonight. I slowed it right down as I thought I was going to die on Sunday πŸ˜₯. Felt a lot better today.

1 like

I know my limits - so only ran at 6.0 on treadmill, but it was jogging (honest). Aiming for 7.0 next week, but we will see

Fantastic - well done! I'm doing W1R2 tomorrow night so we're at the same point in the programme. Good luck with Thursday and let us onow how it goes! :)

Thanks for yr msg, good,luck tmrw and will post on Thurs on how I get on W1R2

Very well done. I ran with Sarah too... she’s great. You won’t need luck, but good luck anyway. Enjoy the journey.

Hi just keep going you are great

You may also like...