W8r1 ✅: I did it, yes me, I thought w1r1 I was... - Couch to 5K

Couch to 5K
88,423 members120,535 posts

W8r1 ✅

Shelley2310
Shelley2310Graduate
15 Replies

I did it, yes me, I thought w1r1 I was going to die during the first 30 sec of the first run! Anyone just starting trust the programme it really works. Happy running 🏃‍♀️

15 Replies
oldestnewest
Time_to_run
Time_to_runGraduate

Congratulations 👍

1 like
ForestGrump63

Well done 👍

1 like
Irunwithmydog

Well done, that's great news. I'm doing the same run tomorrow & looking forward to it.

1 like
joncl

Brilliant 👍 I’ve just started week two and I’m already dreading a bigger run 🏃‍♂️

1 like
ktsok
ktsokGraduate

You must feel fantastic, well done!

1 like
Oldfloss
OldflossAdministrator

Well done you... just relax into the longer runs now...the new legs will find their happy pace:)

1 like
MelsieJay
MelsieJayGraduate

I did it yesterday too, but outside and I’m back down in London so found the car fumes difficult. And the cold!! Need more than a t shirt and thin jacket!! Can’t say I enjoyed it or felt I am progressing - it’s still so tough. Well done that you’re feeling so good! I may take an extra rest day and actually rest cos I was shattered all day yesterday x

1 like
Beatricefast
BeatricefastGraduate

Go girl. I did it yesterday too!!!

It was ok but I am really slow .. but had a little in the tank left so that’s good I think .. This week has really crept up on me ! 🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️

1 like
Shelley2310
Shelley2310Graduate
in reply to Beatricefast

I’m REALLY slow haven’t made 3k yet haha. I am just happy that I can ‘run’ without actually dropping down dead!!

Shelley2310
Shelley2310Graduate
in reply to Beatricefast

Actually i managed 3.1k but that included the warm up walk!! 🤣🤣

Beatricefast
BeatricefastGraduate
in reply to Shelley2310

Bless I have just cracked 4.2k including warm up — 5k at this rate is about 50 mins.... the fastest at my local Parkrun is 5k in 20 mins or so!!!

I have a Parkrun pencilled in for about week 11 when I am in Scotland visiting family! ...are you going to do one?? B🏃‍♀️

Shelley2310
Shelley2310Graduate
in reply to Beatricefast

Yes, I’m also going to join a running club. Probably around w10/11. If you’re doing 4.2 now, surely you’ll be a lot quicker than 50mins! You’re only 0.8 off and that’s in 33 mins

ButtercupKid
ButtercupKidGraduate

So proud of you ! You’ll be halfway to 10k before you know it 💐 Bouquet for you x

1 like
Shelley2310
Shelley2310Graduate
in reply to ButtercupKid

Aww thank you 😊. You’re hot on my heels....you might make it before me.

1 like
ButtercupKid
ButtercupKidGraduate
in reply to Shelley2310

Not a chance ! Look after yourself out there - this is no time for an injury 😄

1 like

You may also like...