Couch to 5K
76,491 members108,020 posts

W10CR2 - keep it simple, keep it easy

Today I went for my 2nd consolidation run. I decided to go slow and easy. Only me, road, and music. I aimed at 30 minutes and see how much land I will cover when I don't think about it. I managed to do almost exactly 4K. Most of route was easy and enjoyable. Only 1 moment with a bit of elevation made me struggle. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't all rainbow and roses, I did sweat quite a bit But it was really a pleasure to forget about all the numbers and wait for my app to tell me that I am done :)

Happy running!

21 Replies
oldestnewest

Love is not all wine and roses

Sometimes it’s handcuffs and cheese

Not my words... © Tim Minchin... but you just reminded me of a song... anyway I digress.

Great freedom run... now you’re in charge. Enjoy your next.

1 like

Handcuffs and cheese? An unusual combination 🤔🤣

Well I dunno... he did sing a long song about his love of cheese once.

I had to Google.... That was an education! 🤣

I think he’s the one guy I’ve ever met whose brain goes off at stranger tangents than mine... I have to love that

Have a go at his “the pope song” as long as you’re not easily offended... he tries his hardest to offend.

1 like

Haha not offended by the f words. Used to date an Irish guy who f'd with almost the same frequency in general conversation! :) The song carries a strong message and rightly so.

Yeah... it’s weird... never met anyone offended by it... my mother loved it and yet we’re catholic (if I still qualify, I do namings, condolences to the poor sods and plantings only these days)

1 like

Thank you :) Cheese... I love cheese <3 handcuffs - not so much.

1 like

Only wore handcuffs once... not pleasant... cheese... I had to have a break for my weight loss but now we’ve rekindled our love 😂

1 like

My weight loss doesn't mind moderate amount of cheese, but I also tend to express my love through mozzarella, cottage cheese, and feta, more than via camembert, brie, or leicester ;)

I don’t think I’ve eaten cottage cheese since the jasper carrott routine!

Stilton is my kryptonite!

1 like

I love probably all cheeses made from cow's milk. I don't remember trying / eating Stilton though.

And feta is goats & sheep I think... apparently better for you... sheep’s cheese i love, lived on sheep’s cheese salads for a week in Germany once 😂

Stilton is just about the only thing I ever bought a kilo of... ate it in one go too... not good!

1 like

Other animal originated cheeses arw delicious as well. I love Greek feta salad - I am kinda addicted to it :P

Apparently yak’s is an “acquired taste” and horse is plain rank... I’m happy not to try 😂

Sounds lovely 😊 - a bit like a proper runner 🏃‍♀️ then?

1 like

Thank you :) I felt like a runner :)

1 like

Good job IgaT 👍👍👍

1 like

Thank you :)

Good work IgaT. Nice and easy.

1 like

Thanks :) Sometimes it's good to just go easy on yourself :)

1 like

You may also like...