W8 R3 worst run with dog!: Had the worst run... - Couch to 5K

Couch to 5K
107,860 members138,816 posts

W8 R3 worst run with dog!

Simba77
Simba77Graduate

Had the worst run ever this morning had the dog on a pulley waist lead again but he was stubborn so my run was like resistance training and by the time I got home I was 4 minutes short cut my losses and came home. He had slowed me down so much I did 1km less than Tuesday.

6 Replies
oldestnewest

It’s bad enough when the runner has a duff run, but when the dog does...... Still you got some resistance training in (sounds like your dog did too in a Different way). Sorry but it did make me smile. I’ve got a cat that either gives me “love” or disdain but wouldn’t be without him.

Simba77
Simba77Graduate in reply to AnnieW55

That is the thing I love taking him with me... like our own little adventure but today I was just not in the mood. I think once I finish the programme I will be more relaxed with hin

AnnieW55
AnnieW55 in reply to Simba77

It was your fault! 😀 He sensed your heart wasn’t in it and played you up - possibly. I do like the idea of you both going off on an adventure 👍

UnfitNoMore
UnfitNoMoreAdministrator

Find a way to dangle a sausage out in front of him just beyond maximum lead length and you’ll be good to go.

Now-runner_NeedsAttn
Now-runner_NeedsAttnGraduate in reply to UnfitNoMore

👍 Off to get some black paper to fold into an origami crow which I'll tie to a bamboo cane and dangle in front of my dog. Genius!

UnfitNoMore
UnfitNoMoreAdministrator in reply to Now-runner_NeedsAttn

😂

You may also like...