W7R1: Well what a plonker!! Started off way to... - Couch to 5K

Couch to 5K
88,363 members120,465 posts

W7R1

Oldlady57
Oldlady57Graduate
16 Replies

Well what a plonker!! Started off way to fast (for me anyway) & paid the price. A learning curve (again 😡) You’d think once you got to a certain age, you would have learnt something, l obviously haven’t 🤪🤪. Only managed 21 mins instead of the 25 required. So cross with myself. Rerun on Saturday, hopefully I’ll complete my run then

16 Replies
oldestnewest
Mayanow

We do learn a lot but with age... we forget!!! 😂🤣😂

Don't be so hard on yourself. You did 21mins at a faster pace. So that is something! Good luck on saturday! You've jumped the difficult hurdles of the program! On your way to graduation now. Well done!!

1 like
Oldlady57
Oldlady57Graduate
in reply to Mayanow

🤣🤣that’s the problem then, senility has set in🤓

Mayanow
Mayanow
in reply to Oldlady57

Ahaha didn't you know..?

But!

I read an article in the NYTimes that said (based on experiments) running produces NEW brain cells (!) In the hippocampus. So what a wise choice we've made! 😁

1 like
Oldlady57
Oldlady57Graduate
in reply to Mayanow

That’s part of the problem then, my long term memory still thinks it’s a teenager 🤣🤣

2 likes
Rooster678

I did exactly the same on W6R3 but then slowed right down. You still did a good run. Good luck for your re-run.

1 like
Oldlady57
Oldlady57Graduate
in reply to Rooster678

Thanks Rooster, at least l got off the metaphorical couch 🛋. Think I’ll run without music next time then I’ll be able to hear Oldfloss “slow & steady”. It’s not usually a problem, but today was different. The Toxic 10 were rife 😂😂

1 like
Oldfloss
OldflossAdministrator
in reply to Oldlady57

I'll shout it a little louder:)

1 like
Oldlady57
Oldlady57Graduate
in reply to Oldfloss

😜

cheekychipmunks

Never mind OL, just treat it as a practise run for Saturday. You know what you can do to fix it. No worries! Hey, at least you have a nice 21 minute run under your belt now - all those runs count towards building nice strong running legs! 😀🏃‍♀️👍

1 like
Oldlady57
Oldlady57Graduate
in reply to cheekychipmunks

Thanks cheeky. I’ll be turning off the music so l can hear Oldfloss lol

1 like
Oldfloss
OldflossAdministrator

Slow and steady.... it is the mantra ..how did you miss me banging on about it:)

Well the fact is, as you now know..it works:)

These longer runs are simply perfect for relaxing into.. start slow and stay slow:) It is wonderful.

Keep us posted please?

1 like
Oldlady57
Oldlady57Graduate
in reply to Oldfloss

Thanks Oldfloss, already made a decision to turn off my music. It’s been drowning out your wise words!!! Back on the metaphorical horse on Saturday (l shan’t be galloping though 😜)

1 like
Oldfloss
OldflossAdministrator
in reply to Oldlady57

You'll be fine...many of us do this...why do you think I start with a hill😉Shhh!

Well done you.😊

Oldlady57
Oldlady57Graduate
in reply to Oldfloss

Now there’s a start, might try that!!

1 like
DaveMu
DaveMuGraduate

Good luck for the rerun:)

Oldlady57
Oldlady57Graduate
in reply to DaveMu