Couch to 5K
62,633 members95,433 posts

W3R1

Good god! Who knew this old heffalump could jog for 3 mins twice!! Last one gave me the demon voice in my head but I saw that off and completed in full! Have I mentioned I still smoke 15 a day!!! YES I will be giving up but doing it my way and not out of breath yet! 40 years smoking and 20 years no exercise - it’s ridiculous lol think what I could have been - oh ok let’s just concentrate on W3R2. (Unless I keel over first !!!)

13 Replies
oldestnewest

I know how you're feeling Determined50! We can do this!!!!!!! 😀

2 likes

I’d certainly advise against lighting up during a run... that’s just showboating!

Great job... you got this... take down runs 2 and 3 and then onwards!

Slow and steady and on you go.... well done you...but.. ditch the cigarettes,,, you are going to need all your breath for the runs to come:)

Lol even a hardened smoker like me could not do that. So week 4 is run day not a smoke day and that’s how I am going to give it up. Gave up 3 months ago for 6 weeks on will power - I forgot to fill my time though so this time I thought I would do C25K - well you might as well go whole hog as they say

1 like

Go you! You got it!

1 like

Well done! You are doing great! The second 3 minute run is a real fight with inner demon. You won! Congratulations!!! In no time, you will be running for 30 minutes! But one step at a time. Let's do the W3R2 next ;) mine is tomorrow O_O

1 like

Thank you - yes I think I was prouder of the fight for a minute in my head with that pathetic demon and winning than with completing the run.

1 like

I know the feeling. This is where magic happens and you realise you are stronger than you thought, both mentally and physically. That's why I love this programme. Gradually over relatively short period of time, it shows you how amazing you are!

Done my w3r1 straight through for the first time tonight, and I smoke too, so I feel your pain. Well done it was a toughie!

1 like

Ah a fellow breather of the smoky air - well done to you for completing your run

Thanks! Failed it last week, and thought I would again tonight with just 34 seconds left of the 2nd 3minute run! But I did it! And so did you! Well done xx

1 like

Keep going and believe in your own resilience! It’s blooming hard work but each step means we did better than last week x

Well done that is brilliant I did that run yesterday and I thought I was going to die but I survived lol.

I am not a smoker, but I have happily over eaten for the last 33 years so I more wobble than jog. But I am determined to get this weight off so I can jog effortlessly lol. Keep up the good work detemined50 slow and steady wins the race 😁

You may also like...