Week 4 Run 1 (in the rain) DONE!: Running in the... - Couch to 5K

Couch to 5K
87,044 members β€’ 118,989 posts

Week 4 Run 1 (in the rain) DONE!

Rachel_Runs
Rachel_Runs
β€’15 Replies

Running in the rain is quite lovely once you get used to it. My knee continues to hold up which is awesome (thank you strength training, proper running shoes, gait analysis, rest days, not pushing too much).

Roll on the next run!

15 Replies
oldest β€’ newest
UnfitNoMore
UnfitNoMoreAdministrator

Great job #teamknees captain.

Rain is great, cooling helps me a lot. Hoping for a 20 minute shower myself later πŸ˜‚

Great that your knee is holding and getting stronger. Enjoy run 2

1 like
Rachel_Runs

Thanks! How did your 20 minute run/drenching go?

UnfitNoMore
UnfitNoMoreAdministrator
in reply to Rachel_Runs

Well, the run was tough but good, the rain was very pleasant, then the end came and I went straight to a near stop and had to walk off tightening calf muscles. I loved it though and then got a chippy tea for the first time in many weeks, much to the pleasure or little miss UNM

1 like
Rachel_Runs

Brilliant! Well done! There's nothing quite like a chippy tea reward is there?

1 like
UnfitNoMore
UnfitNoMoreAdministrator
in reply to Rachel_Runs

Worked very well as did washing it down with a couple of beers! Now it’s back to healthy today... I got some intervals to do tomorrow!

Oh and I planned my playlist to end on a song called chippy tea just to keep me motivated

1 like
Rachel_Runs

Awesome, good luck with the intervals!

1 like
Oldfloss
OldflossAdministrator

Slow and steady and very well done you!

Rachel_Runs

Thanks!

1 like
1889Blades
1889BladesGraduate

Hiya Rachel. Can you tell me about your strength exercises.... what do you do. My legs feel heavy when running. Any tips appreciated. Thank you.

Rachel_Runs

Hi :) I do lunges, bridges, lots of different leg lifts which I don't know the official names for (sorry!), bicep curls, dips, all sorts of crunches for a strong core.

1889Blades
1889BladesGraduate
in reply to Rachel_Runs

Thank you cx

embobs
embobsGraduate

I’ve done the same run today and actually enjoyed it! I surprise my time every time! Well done πŸ‘πŸ»

1 like
Rachel_Runs
Rachel_Runs
in reply to embobs

Well done and thanks! I really enjoyed this one too, it was definitely a mind over matter kind of run yesterday.

SubterraneanAlien

I did the same run yesterday and felt amazing. I'm tired today though. Think I might be coming down with a cold. Hoping it doesn't take hold and I can do the second run tomorrow. Well done!

1 like
Rachel_Runs

Thanks! I hope you aren't getting ill but if you are then I hope you have a speedy recovery!

You may also like...