Swimming app: Ok I know this has nothing to do... - Couch to 5K

Couch to 5K

113,147 members145,568 posts

Swimming app

Forestgrump
ForestgrumpGraduate

Ok I know this has nothing to do with running but this pool swim app I got from garmin express for the forerunner watch isn’t doing what I thought. I opened it , pressed start and off I went. It buzzed at the end of each length which I assumed was it recording 25 meters as that’s what it’s set for. At the end of my swim it said 900meters but when I saved the data to my phone I got this . Does anyone know if I should be pushing the top right or bottom right button at the end of each lap ?.

9 Replies
oldestnewest
telford_mike
telford_mikeGraduate

Bottom right is lap.

Forestgrump
ForestgrumpGraduate in reply to telford_mike

Nice one thanks. Online instructions not that clear. So just one push each lap then?.

telford_mike
telford_mikeGraduate in reply to Forestgrump

Yeah depends which watch you have, but anything beLow 935 or Fenix won’t track swimming without your input.

Forestgrump

It’s a forerunner 235

telford_mike

Same as mine - it'll only track time during a swim, not distance.

Forestgrump

So pushing the bottom right button at the end of each length won’t do anything except log you’ve swam 25 meters ?

Forestgrump
ForestgrumpGraduate in reply to Forestgrump

Or not ?. Sorry mike I’m a bit confused about the point of this app 😁

telford_mike

I think it will only log time. It doesn’t have a concept of distance while swimming. Never tried it myself though.

Sarakc
SarakcGraduate

I downloaded the pool swim app and tried it out a couple of times but wasn’t very impressed with it unless I’m missing something! It timed my swim and gave me speed too so I was able to calculate distance and work out no. of lengths manually but I couldn’t work out how to use lap count on watch while in pool! Now I just swim for my hour without watch on and I don’t bother counting lengths either!!

(I enter the swim manually on Garmin afterwards and estimate no. of lengths!!) 😀

You may also like...