Couch to 5K
76,238 members107,786 posts

No running buddy..

She’s camping in a Wood with No2 Son so took advantage of her absence by running round a non dog friendly route. Lovely run this morning no problems with the legs - setting was beautiful and I had a flock of little birds wagtails and goldfinches flying in front of me, pausing and waiting for me to catch up! I think my legs work better in open country than on roads!!

14 Replies
oldestnewest

Trail running is fab. Makes me very smiley 😁. You get a good work out what with all the lumps, bumps, undulations and flamin ‘ills, but it’s all good practice. I like to stop for breathers and take it all in 👍😃🏃‍♀️

I was please to pause and open gates !!

I only had to look at this map and before I read your post I thought “what a lovely place that looks to run”.

I definitely think legs work better in open country - the mind is so busy enjoying the scenery and wildlife that you don’t even think about your legs hurting!

1 like

Very true and definitely good for the soul!

1 like

Oh how lovely! It’s nice running with beautiful scenery isn’t it? Makes you feel even happier - shame about yours having to be poochless though. I’d miss mine, even though she occasionally gets under my feet! 🐕🏃‍♀️🐾❤️

I was stopped on my run the other day while on the trail! I was just about to get going when a little spaniel wriggled up to me and sat on my feet, gazing up at me 😁. Bless 🐶

1 like

OMG ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️🐕🐕🐕🐕🐕

Looks like a beautiful place to run and I totally get what you say about the scenery making your legs run better and taking mind off the pain. Sounds like a great mindful run. 😊👍🏻

1 like

yes - i've had a bit of a visit from the Black Dog but the running has seen it off!

That’s wonderful 😊

Sounds a lovely run. Well done 👍. I’ve only ever ran in open country so can’t compare but I do love a run with good views 😊🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️

My dog is a nightmare when I'm running, stopping to sniff all the time. Maybe if I ran where he could be off the lead it would work better.

I don’t take mine to park run because I don’t run fast enough for her - she is lovely when off the lead tho and I felt quite jealous in the hot weather when she just jumped into the stream when she got too hot!

Fantastic MandiV!! Nothing like a great view to put an extra smile in the run!! Well done you! ❤️

You may also like...