W5R1: Nice & cool this morning at 6am! Really... - Couch to 5K

Couch to 5K
86,141 members โ€ข 117,909 posts

W5R1

Nice & cool this morning at 6am!

Really enjoyed this morning but the next runโ€™s got me worried ๐Ÿ˜ง, at least it did do until I saw the last run of this week!!! 20 mins!!! Woah! Can you really make a jump from 3x5mins to 2x8mins then a 20min run? I suppose so otherwise it wouldnโ€™t be part of the program but itโ€™s got me worried......

13 Replies
oldest โ€ข newest

Youโ€™ve come this far, you can definitely do it. Donโ€™t start getting worried until youโ€™ve tried it ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ

Iโ€™ll try not to worry, maybe itโ€™s more a fear of failure ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

2 likes

Hope youโ€™re now on even higher runs and smashing it. I start week 8 tomorrow

1 like

You definitely can! I was also completely panicking about it but read, somewhere on here, that it is more of a mental challenge than a physical one. Just believe in yourself and take it slow and you will do great. And you will feel amazing afterwards ๐Ÿ˜€. Good luck ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

1 like

Thanks so much for the great encouragement ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ˜ƒ

1 like

You can totally do this! Have a look at my last posts, I asked the same thing! I'm now on week 7 and loving the long runs. You've come this far, honour with a positive mindset and you'll smash it!

2 likes

You absolutely can. It seems bonkers to have such a big jump but somehow you just do it.

You might have heard about 'The Toxic Ten' - the first 10 mins being the toughest but just push through that and it often does get a bit easier after 10 mins. You might even feel you have enough in the tank for a sprint in the last min! We are always surprising ourselves.

Don't let your mindset take over. Just push through, believe you can do it, and you will ๐Ÿƒ

Good luck!

1 like

I have also completed W5R1 today, and have to say I am really worried about the 20min run in a few days, it does seem a big jump after today's run.

1 like

Iโ€™m doing W5R2 tomorrow morning early. My first 8 minute runs ! ๐Ÿ˜ฌ Iโ€™ll let you know how I get on ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

Good luck, I shall do that run on Sunday

1 like

Yep - it is totally doable! I thought the same as you and totally surprised myself when I did it ... you will be fine ๐Ÿ˜Š

1 like

Hi Vernon65

I felt nervous at the prospect of W5R3 too and really didnโ€™t think that I could run for a full 20 minutes. However, I did it this morning.....and it was great! The advice I have been given from others on here was to take it slow and to remind myself that the previous runs had prepared me physically and to have the confidence that โ€œI can do it...!โ€ Good luck and enjoy! ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ‘

1 like

Thanks Vix, just done my first 2x8 min runs! Not bad, easier than I thought!! Still a long way to go and I donโ€™t want to get overconfident but this program and support from people like you make you believe in yourself !!

2 likes

You may also like...