Report from the IC: Apologies. I didn't intend... - Couch to 5K

Couch to 5K
105,828 members136,714 posts

Report from the IC

Eiralas
EiralasGraduate

Apologies. I didn't intend to go AWOL for so long. I wish I could say I'd been trapped on the couch by my delightful pussycat (though she has tried), but it was more to do with a very chaotic couple of weeks at work. Lots of travelling, and evening work events that meant I got back late. Also lots of sitting - in cars and on trains, and in uncomfortable chairs - which wasn't helping with the sciatica treatment, compounded by the fact that my physiotherapist was away last week. I was beginning to feel like things would never improve and I'd be stuck with this stupid leg pain forever.

Anyway, I had another physio appointment yesterday, and some different poking and prodding, and now my right hip no longer goes 'clunk' when I rotate it (or at least it makes a more subdued 'clunk'), which has to be a good thing. Also, I might be imagining it, and I'm almost scared to write it in case it's not true, but I think the pain I was getting when going upstairs is lessening. He said to give it a couple of days for everything to settle down, and then if I feel ok I have permission to try a 10-15 minute gentle walk-run to see how that goes. I'm ridiculously excited about that. Fingers crossed...

I need to catch up on what you have all been doing - I have missed so much in the last couple of weeks, and missed you all so much. I bet everyone has either graduated, or is zooming off on a 10k run ;-) xxx

16 Replies
oldestnewest
Oldfloss
OldflossAdministrator

..or like you..still on the IC.:)

Welcome back and glad that you are feeling more hopeful:)

Follow the advice from those who know...e.g. your Physio.. :) and head out for that gentle stroll... I am sure it is all going to be fine for you!

Fingers crossed...:)

Eiralas
EiralasGraduate
in reply to Oldfloss

Thank you Oldfloss! I wish you weren't here with me though...

_SimonT_
_SimonT_Graduate

Take care. I’m like you. Been too busy to post or run. Hope to run tonight!

Glad your treatment going well. Sounds really hopeful!

Eiralas
EiralasGraduate
in reply to _SimonT_

Thanks! Urgh... Tell me about it. Ended up working till gone midnight on Thursday, then not back from work till 9 on Friday - so hopes of fitting my run-walk in went out the window, as did my intentions of catching up with posts on here. At least I have a week off now, so hoping to do better!

Welcome back - we’re all waiting for you!

Hope you get better soon ❤️

Eiralas
EiralasGraduate
in reply to LoungeLizaard

Thank you LL! I hope you have a good book to read while you're waiting.... ;-)

Crittermad
CrittermadGraduate

Great news - gorgeous kitty 😻

Eiralas
EiralasGraduate
in reply to Crittermad

Cheers! She is, and so friendly. I couldn't bear to move even though I wasn't that comfy - that's cats for you!

DeeRunning
DeeRunningGraduate

Great to get an update. Hope run/walk session goes well and you're back on track 👍

Eiralas
EiralasGraduate
in reply to DeeRunning

Cheers Dee! Getting there, I hope...

Kamia
KamiaGraduate

Hope all goes well with your walk/gentle run. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Eiralas
EiralasGraduate
in reply to Kamia

Thank you Kamia :-)

Still here, snailing along... glad the clunking is more subdued

Eiralas
EiralasGraduate
in reply to ccarter100

Snailing is the way to go :-)

Fabulous450
Fabulous450Graduate

I seemed to have missed this one too Eiralas! Glad to hear you’re able to do a bit more now. It’s in your blood, you’ll be back on form and continuing your journey! Great news Beautiful kitty! Big hug! ❤️

Eiralas
EiralasGraduate
in reply to Fabulous450

Thanks Fabulous! I hope so, and yes she's a very cuddly cat :-)

You may also like...