Couch to 5K
81,202 members112,507 posts

W9R1 New mind, new life! Reaching for what is in front of me. It’s possible! 😁

Well that was absolutely amazing! I’ve come to terms that I’m just a faffer in the mornings. Nothing’s changed, so it’s nothing to do with running. 😂 Still, I put on my new Capri leggings and thought, mmm, these feel a bit close. Not sure I like where it ends on the calf. Then there was the observation of the middle rung under the vest. “Well you’ve got to go” for next summer’s beach holiday for the 50th! But one thing at a time. A very worthy goal for after graduation. So, I gave myself a boost there. No gremlins, you’re not going to keep me in here, I’ve got running to do! 😁 I’m getting pretty good at this flexible mindset thing.

So “off I go” as MJ instructs. A nice slow pace. I actually liked his additional 5 minute announcements today. Thanks MJ! Halfway and I thought you’ve run for 15 minutes before, you can do it. So I just got my head down and kept it slow. When he said you’ve got 10 minutes left, I was a bit excited, but I thought stay calm (as instructed) and just keep going slowly. Oh but when he said 60 seconds, I was absolutely beaming. I was able to pick up the pace too. I think it must be like looking at the finish line and getting that extra boost from seeing it! I did my own version of Mo Farah. Don’t know where it came from, but it felt absolutely amazing!

Lovely sea breeze in Guernsey 🇬🇬 today, so I’m a lucky lady! Better go in, its actually feeling a bit chilly! 2 more to go to graduation!! 😱😱😱😁😁😁

Hope you all have a great run, runners!! ❤️

55 Replies
oldestnewest

Lovely view, lovely run, lovely lady. Must dash - cakes to bake and bunting to hang.... xx

4 likes

Thank you Sallenson! I’m looking forward to a nice bit of cake! Still...focussing on the next one! ❤️

Great stuff. I would love to run by the sea, it looks and sounds idyllic.

1 like

Thank you! I was in the nearby park but I finished my warm down walk looking at the sea. Was lovely! ❤️

1 like

Well done you! Sounds like you smashed it with that surge at the end! And a stunning view to boot 😍 You're so very nearly there now, the podium is in clear view! Eeeeek!! Exciting!! 😬😬

1 like

Thank you Flara! 😬😬 Veeerry exciting!! 😱❤️

Fabulous!! ❤️

1 like

😉 Thank you! 😁❤️

1 like

I see what you did there... clever....❤❤

2 likes

Can’t help it. Such a ‘fabulous’ word. Xx

1 like

You are so almost there, Fabulous! What a gorgeous view. Love the sound of the capri leggings - any chance of a photo? ☺

Thank you. I’ll definetly take a photo after my graduation run! 😬❤️❤️

1 like

What a lovely and happy post! I was there with you! Well done, they are polishing the podium for you xx

1 like

Thank you so much MelsieJay! Yes, truly I am a happy lady today. It’s been a special one! ❤️

Well done! So envious you are in Guernsey so often! Glad it's all going well. Graduation is so close now...! 😀

2 likes

Thank you Ang! I’ll be sad when it’s no longer required. Can be tiring with frequent trips, but its such a beautiful place, tiredness is soon forgotten! 😁❤️

Fabulous post Fabulous.

Great run and enjoy it all onto your podium.💥🏃‍♀️💥

Love your mantra.👍💥

2 likes

Thank you Tbae! I’m close now aren’t I? Can’t quite believe it. 9 weeks eh? Wow! 😁❤️

1 like

Well done to you got week 9 run 2 tomorrow its a great feeling took my slightly longer than 9 weeks but I'm loving it will miss the app Happy graduation 😊

1 like

Oh well done Karen! Gosh it is so amazing to be so close to the end. Enjoy your runs! ❤️

Well done you! ❤️

1 like

Thank you Blue! 😁❤️

Well done!

Stories about your journey are the kind of posts that can keep others motivated.

It is wonderful when you get to that point where you realise how far you've come and that it is just a couple of runs left which nothing is going to stop you.

Good luck.

1 like

It really is! Thank you Rob! ❤️

Fabulous you're doing amazing! The finish line is just a whisper away...go girl!!🙌🏃🏼‍♀️

1 like

Thank you Little-runner! You’re doing brilliantly too! Finish we certainly can! ❤️

1 like

Amazing job!! My turn this evening 😊. Can’t believe we’re on the final week!! 👍😊

1 like

Thank you! Brilliant Blonde! Have a great run later! ❤️

What views really inspiring post only 2 more to go well done👌

1 like

Thank you Fernshome! 2 more! 😱😁😁❤️

1 like

You're the bomb! Fantabulous effort...x

1 like

In for a penny Matt! 😉 I’m doing it and now I’m close to thinking about the next part of the running experience. ❤️

1 like

Sounds so lovely! Well done you! I am sure our lovely admin team are preparing the podium as I type! Al the very best for your next runs 🏃🏻‍♀️ 🏃🏻‍♀️🏃🏻‍♀️😊

1 like

Thank you so much! I’d be very proud to join you all on the podium. ❤️

👏👏👏 Well run. Looking forward to the final two. Do you know whether you’ll be home or on your island for those ones?

1 like

Thank you Jay! Final two at home. I really wanted that too. I absolutely love Guernsey, but I want to see my boys when I get back from my graduation run. I think I'll need some big shoulders to cry on! 😭❤️

1 like

Aww bless x

1 like

Lovely picture of the other Islands Im waving 👋🏻. Your nearly there did you find it a bit cooler today ? X

1 like

Waving back from across the water! 👋 👋 😁😁

Lovely cool breeze today Amanda! Very nice! 😁😁❤️

1 like

Brilliant Fabulous! You're nailing this Couch thing! Blooming well done! 🏃‍♀️💨💨💨😘

1 like

Thank you Sutsha! With all the help, support and encouragement it is hard not to love it! ❤️

1 like

Well done Fab! 😅

1 like

Thank you southlundon! Wow its going to be an exciting week. Happy running! ❤️

1 like

Yay, you! You definitely are fabulous!! 😁

1 like

Thank you so much CC! What an experience eh? My goodness! 😁❤️

1 like

Awesome post Fabulous! Smiling all the way to the finish line! 😀

1 like

Thank you Simon! That's definitely the current plan! 😉❤️

1 like

Lovely.. So amazing... :-) Enjoy your runs !! :-)

1 like

Thank you ShwetaAmeta! I am planning to! ❤️

1 like

Lovely photo, post and run thanks. 😀

I’ll polish the podium for you! 😃

1 like

Aah thank you Elfe! ❤️

1 like

Well done your aaaaalmost there ! Keep going you’ll have your graduation badge soon ❤️

1 like

Thanks Forest! All being well! Saturday is a big, big day! I’m getting the tissues ready! ❤️

Well done Fabulous! What a stunning view 😊

1 like

Thank you Saartjie! I’ve really had such a great experience running outdoors! It’s amazing! ❤️

1 like

You may also like...