Couch to 5K
74,039 members β€’ 105,929 posts

First park run done!

At last after graduating a week ago, I very nervously went along to my local park, to join in. It was a bit hot, but I was very pleased to finish 117 out of 186 runners and 9th in my age category and the 41st woman. In a time of 32.20. I’m really pleased with that. The kids are still blissfully unaware that I have spent the past 10weeks doing this πŸ˜‚. So today I told them that the NHS having a big push on the parks runs and should we do one next weekend πŸ˜‰. Think they might be up for it πŸ˜„

22 Replies
oldest β€’ newest

Well run and well set up for next week. That is not a slow 5k at all!

2 likes

Thanks Jay, I found it harder keeping a steady pace, running with others πŸ˜‚ but it was good 😘

2 likes

We naturally compete. I wish I could say I’d done that on my Parkrun! 🀣🀣

1 like

well done ! fabulous time too ! I graduated at parkrun today and i know what you mean , i’m used to running on my own and i struggled to find my pace , i started way too fast , but finished in 39.10 which i’m more than happy with . Your kids are going to think mums awesome next week ! and they’d be right ! Well done x

1 like

Congratulations πŸ†πŸ₯‡β­οΈ and well done that’s really good! I was the opposite, I started too slow and picked up a bit. Are you going again next week? 😘

Ha, they will be surprised by their amazing mum Gilly😊xx

Well done on your fab result today 😎.

1 like

Thank you. I do hope so! Although they looked quite shocked st my suggestion, I half expect them to say that they’ve known for weeks πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

1 like

Well done! I’m only a few seconds faster and I graduated 2 months ago!

1 like

πŸ˜‚ thank you 😘

Great work, and a fantastic time on your first Parkrun! πŸ˜€

I hope the kids do come out with you, it will make so much difference and it’s always good to do something as a family. πŸ€žπŸ‘

Very best wishes πŸ™‚

1 like

Thank you. The youngest did two Park runs last year and the eldest did a charity 10km this year. But I’ve always said I can’t run. (Which was true before this!) I just hope I can get through another week of white lies πŸ˜‚πŸ˜˜

Well done ...What a fabulous time ...😊😊

1 like

Thank you. I never feel very quick when I’m running πŸ˜‚. But since graduating my timings have been quite consistent xx

Well done, what a great time, wish I could see your kids’ faces next week. πŸ‘

1 like

Thanks Lexi. I half expect them to say they’ve known for weeks πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

That’s amazing - well done! I e been graduated for months & my parkrun time is still just over 33 mins (although MapMyRun says 31.42).

What a fantastic way to show your kids what you’ve achieved! πŸŽ‰

1 like

Thank you MrsK and a big well done to you too 😘

Wow, brilliant time, well done. I think it's a brilliant idea taking the kids on that parkrun, what a cool 'trick' to play on them, would love to see their faces when you fly round that track. Fabulous!

1 like

Thank you. Can’t keep up the little white lies for much longer!! Although when I went out this morning something started to hurt in the back of my ankle, just hoping it sorts itself out before next weekend 😘

Oh no, that's not on. Hopefully just a blip, try and keep it gently mobilised so it doesn't stiffen up.

You must be bursting to tell the kids, it's really hard, because it's so exciting 😍

1 like

Great time! I should graduate on Wednesday and have my barcode printed out ready for a parkrun. It won’t be as fast as you though well done 😊

1 like

Thank you Ang. GO YOU!! Good luck for Wednesday, the heat isn’t helpful is it! 😘

You may also like...