Couch to 5K
62,098 members94,821 posts

Graduation Run! (Part 2)

Graduation Run! (Part 2)

[Edit: Just realised that, probably due to the intermittent wifi up here, I managed to post this same post twice, and there are now two on here! Sorry!!! As they now have had different comments/replies, probably best to leave both posts on here, rather than delete one.]

Not quite the scenic run I had planned, as I woke up this morning to find that my part of Skye was covered in a cold dense fog.

So there were lots of “firsts” on this run - first time I’ve run for 33 minutes (whoop!)... first time I’ve run on a road surface (disappointingly, the track outside here is actually a narrow strip of tarmac, and the verges are too uneven to run on)... and first time I’ve been seen outside wearing tights :)

I found the constant ups and downs a challenge - “undulating” is definitely the word here - and my heart rate was a lot higher than when on my trusty treadmill. Plus my antics amused a group of foreign hikers who I managed to meet twice on my looping route. Only other passers by were the sheep and lambs who were constantly moving out of the way as I came past.

But I did it, and made it to 33 minutes too which was the (plus 10%) target I’d had in mind after sneakily doing a 30 minute run at the end of week 8.

Tremendous feeling to have completed the programme :) Thanks to one and all on here who have helped greatly along the way.

It’s not the end, of course, I plan to continue running every other day, and push on with the weekly +10% time increase, aiming to get to 5k very soon. And hopefully join Ju-Ju’s next 10k programme which is starting later this month.

24 Replies
oldestnewest

That’s amazing - congratulations! I think it looks pretty atmospheric!

1 like

Very well done indeed! 😀🎉🎉🎉👏👏

Having just come home from a wonderful holiday in Durness, foggy Highland running feels very familiar, (but I’m not complaining, we had an abundance of sun too.)

Enjoy the next part of your running adventure- what a beautiful place to be. 😃

1 like

Brilliant ..Well done the feeling must be amazing ..Can't wait ...Enjoy your journey 😊

1 like

Well done! And what a beautiful place to be able to run.

1 like

Congratulations fellow graduate!!! 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼 See you over in Bridge to 10K 💪🏼😊

2 likes

So happy for you Hoagy.

Glad you gave the tourists something to gawp at!! Wear your medal with huge pride- you’ve earned it! 🥇🥇🥇

1 like

Well done! Go celebrate!

1 like

Well done - 33 minutes plus 'undulations' all at once, that's pretty good going :-)

1 like

Congratulations on your graduation , very well done 😊

1 like

Congratulations Graduate! 🎓 so pleased for you- what an achievement!! xxx

1 like

Congratulations you must feel proud .Good luck with 10k

1 like

Well Hoagy youve done great now enjoy the plaudits youve earned them, keep going

1 like

Congrats HoagyM. I did my first grad run today but took Laura week 9 with me !!!

1 like

Thanks. Sadly I have had to end my relationship with Jo Whiley. She was hurt, but understood my reasons :)

When I run outside I don’t take my phone, so the only feedback I get is the Strava app on my watch announcing when I have done another mile.

Many congratulations, awesome 😎 happy continued running

1 like

Huge congratulations Hoagy. Well done!! :)

1 like

Congratulations! What a place to do it! Hope the mist clears! Well done!! And with some uphill bits! See you on the podium tomorrow I hope!😁🍾🍾🍾🍾

1 like

Congratulations 🎉🎉🎉

1 like

It's been a real pleasure watching your journey and I hope you join you next week! Suffering with a recurring ski injury so may be a delay on that. Time will tell. You should be so proud of your achievement. Maybe have a look back over your posts since the beginning and see how far you've come and the trials you've overcome. You're an absolute 🌟 All the very best with your future running goals!

1 like

Thanks Sutsha, much appreciated. Hope your ski injury clears up and will see you on the podium next week :)

1 like

Congratulations HoagyM 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

Well done for completing the program and Graduating...in running tights too!

Hot sunshine here so maybe the cooler weather on Skye was a blessing...

Your plans to progress are perfect...

Enjoy your celebrations and Happy running Graduate 😊 xx

1 like

Congratulations and well done! I have one run left so hope to join you on that podium soon 👏👏

2 likes

congratulations and very well done

1 like

Well done you!!!🍾🥂🎓🎉🎉🎉🏃🏃🏃 Congratulations!

1 like

You may also like...