Week 9 run 1 repeat - successful :-) - Couch to 5K

Couch to 5K

109,568 members141,483 posts

Week 9 run 1 repeat - successful :-)

pianoteacher
pianoteacherGraduate

After my failed attempt to run for 30 mins straight in Parkrun a couple of weeks ago this morning I did it!

So pleased :-) I'm not sure I could have held a conversation (my boyfriend's reply to this was "Ooo I might start coming with you....." cheeky git!) but the pace felt comfortable and a "happy pace" for me.

Used my son's phone and mapmyrun and while I don't think it's entirely accurate my average pace was 9min19secs per mile - bang on the time required for the Army! I've only got to go 1.5 miles for that rather than 3.1 so I'm super pleased :-)

Happy running everyone x

11 Replies
oldestnewest

Woohoo!!!! 🏃🏻‍♀️🏃🏻‍♀️🏃🏻‍♀️💪🏼

Well done you got it and your pace is amazing I’m more snail like lol

pianoteacher
pianoteacherGraduate in reply to SammieCh

Nothing wrong with snails :-)

Pace is so individual - I got overtaken by an old man going about twice my pace this morning! Getting to 30 mins is a fantastic achievement no matter what speed you do it at x

sallenson
sallensonGraduate in reply to pianoteacher

Old people can be scary.... Tho "old" is a relative term....

sallenson
sallensonGraduate

Brilliant!!

Please don't join the Army tho!!

xx

pianoteacher
pianoteacherGraduate in reply to sallenson

TA Musician so don't worry I won't have to shoot anyone - just play clarinet at them 😂

Guesty26
Guesty26Graduate

Brilliant pianoteacher your getting stronger, enjoy your week n graduation then crack the army test.

pianoteacher
pianoteacherGraduate in reply to Guesty26

Thanks Guesty x

Eiralas
EiralasGraduate

Well done - great you found a comfortable pace. And you're so close to the podium now!

Ang33333
Ang33333Graduate

Well done !! Glad it went well! 😁

pianoteacher
pianoteacherGraduate in reply to Ang33333

Thanks Ang!

Pretty much the same speed as the failed attempt but somehow today it just felt much more comfortable :-)

You may also like...