Couch to 5K
54,726 members87,231 posts

Wk 8 run 1, murdered a lot of flies

Week 8 run 1 was not amazing but it was ok. I feel I need more energy than I actually have in order to be feeling happier with these longer runs.

I put sunscreen on my face as it was so hot out, and when I got back in I had about 12 dead flies on my face - they had perished in the sunscreen. Not particularly attractive but there we go.

It was so hot out I debated taking my top off and running in my sports bra, but not confident enough to do that yet. Although I was absolutely boiled!! Might need to go get a really colourful snazzy sports bra so as to boost my confidence.

23 Replies
oldestnewest

Well done you and keep it slow and steady in this hot spell :) Glad the flies did not get eaten :) x

2 likes

Thanks! Well I did take one or two off my tongue at various points, so I may have swallowed another one or two accidentally, I’m not sure 😄 Yes, slow and steady is all I was fit for with the heat!

1 like

Well done! 🤣It was hot today I looked like a beetroot when I’d finished and was still boiling hot after a shower 🚿

1 like

Thanks! :) Oh I’m like you - a total beetroot today. And for the first time ever after a run I took a cold shower. I usually hate cold showers and don’t see the point of them but was so hot today it was lovely! Took a while to get back to my normal skin tone 😄

1 like

Go for the snazzy bra, I say! My unqualified feeling would be if you've done the run, then you already have the energy for it - don't worry. Only a few more to go! 👍👍👍

1 like

Thanks! That is a good way to look at it, energy-wise I mean. And yes, I think snazzy bra is a must 😄 I see you had trouble with wk 7 from your last posts, me too, it was grim. Hope you’re finding the next ones easier!

Did not like week 7 at all! But since working out how to go slower, it's been better. Finished week 8 today...let's see how week 9 goes! Happy bank holiday.

1 like

Me neither! Ok maybe I need to slow down too this week, although I feel I am already going quite slow! Well done finishing wk8, only one to go before you graduate! Thanks, you too :)

Sounds like you have some hot weather in the UK right now! Hope it cools by the time I’m back. Hate running in heat - tries to defeat me every time!!

1 like

Yep it is pretty hot at the mo. Thunder and lightning yesterday though, I was quite glad that yesterday was my rest day 😄 Enjoy your US runs!

1 like

Only managed one!!! 🥂🍷🥃🍸🍹🍾!!! 😳

1 like

Haha, check out The Dead Rabbit for cocktails - aaaamazing!

1 like

Home now....😩😩😩

Dangit, if you haven’t been to that place for cocktails you will have to go back. Not a bad thing, having a reason to go back to NY though, is it. :D

Booking flight now! 😜

1 like

😄

Yep, flies fly can do their thing and end up where they shouldn't.

However, I disagree with the weather assessment! :) We do have a warm spell but l find it really comfortable, especially if you run earlier in the day. Come on, think of anything that was thrown at us from late November until mid March and compare it with this?

What l call hot is when temperatures of 30c plus with high humidity hit you from early in the morning and you are out there running! :)

Let's be grateful for this 'heat'! ;)

1 like

Oh I know that this is not real heat, but for pale people who rarely see the sun it’s still hot 😂 But yes, it’s nice that it’s not chilly enough for gloves any more. I can’t hack getting up early to run before work, but will be in China in two weeks, so I guess I’ll have to. Insane heat and humidity to be expected...

1 like

Oh yes, I'm as pale as they come, but, lord, do l appreciate this Sun compared to some freeze battering that whipped my sorry frame over the winter runs!

Enjoy China, btw! And always remember that our bodies adapt and accept so quickly and easily!

1 like

I only started around March, so missed the worst of it! I’m sure I will be groaning with you come next winter! And thanks!

If I get to where you are, without doubt, I’d be very happy to go out to buy a snazzy new sports bra as my reward! What an achievement! Brilliant Rua8! 👏🏽👏🏽❤️

1 like

Ow, thanks miss fabulous 😁 hehe! I see you’ve just finished Wk2 yourself, well done! You will soon be in Wk 8, I was in Wk2 a few months ago so if I can do it anyone can :)

1 like

Yes W3, I’m on the way! Thank you ❤️

1 like

You may also like...