Couch to 5K
62,098 members โ€ข 94,821 posts

Wk9 run 3 - I did it, I did it, I did it!!!

Iโ€™ve completed C25K ๐Ÿ˜€

I never thought I would be able to run for 30 mins (actually managed 33 today). Iโ€™m 45, overweight and have never run in my life (I always cheated at the cross country runs at school). I have watched enviously from the sidelines at those that run and always longed to join them, wanting that freedom and the buzz that surely followed. And now I can ๐Ÿ˜€

This programme is truly brilliant and I urge those that may be struggling to keep going, you wonโ€™t regret it. Thanks to everyone on here for their wise words and inspiring stories. You are all amazing ๐Ÿ™‚

35 Replies
oldest โ€ข newest

Excellent! Well done you! X

1 like

Thank you. I hope your ankle is getting better and you can get running again soon

1 like

Itโ€™s getting there Thank you! Itโ€™s been hard not to get back out running! But Iโ€™m going to listen and rest up for at least a week and wait until it feels right again! X

As Old Floss always says, the runs will be there waiting for you when youโ€™re ready ๐Ÿ™‚

1 like

Congratulations, it's s great feeling โ˜บโ˜บ

1 like

Thank you. It truly is a great feeling ๐Ÿ˜€

Well done many congratulations, what an amazing journey....you are a ๐Ÿƒโ€โ™€๏ธ ๐Ÿ˜€

1 like

Thank you. Hard to believe I am a runner now ๐Ÿ™‚

Awesome, well done ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰ Keep it up !

Thank you. Onwards and upwards now ๐Ÿ™‚

Wonderful! I am struggling on week 7 at the moment but so motivating seeing people graduate and say it just works. You can join those other runners now with pride ๐Ÿ˜Š

1 like

Hi, just to say I really struggled with week 7 so started taking 2 days rest - my body needed to catch up with demands of longer runs. I graduated last week and runs are now significantly more manageable x x

1 like

That's good to know. Am generally leaving 1 day between although did have 2 before this run. Do you do any other exercise on your rest days?

I'm now back to being able to run every other day. I don't do other exercise apart from walking 3 miles a day minimum (school run) x

1 like

Keep going! I found week 7 really tough but loved week 8 ๐Ÿ™‚

1 like

Many congratulations on your graduation fellow runner.

This guide to post C25K running may be helpful healthunlocked.com/couchto5...โ€ฆโ€ฆ.what-next

Keep running keep smiling.

1 like

Thank you ๐Ÿ™‚

Well done you!! ๐Ÿ™Œโญ๏ธ๐Ÿƒโ€โ™€๏ธ

1 like

Thank you. Reading your posts kept me motivated ๐Ÿ™‚

Well done!!

1 like

Thank you. Youโ€™ll be graduating not far behind me ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

Woooh hooo! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ Congratulations!!

1 like

Thank you ๐Ÿ˜Š

Well Done. It will take several days to come down to earth so enjoy๐Ÿ˜„๐ŸŒŽโ˜๏ธโญ๏ธ

1 like

Thank you. Iโ€™m going to try to not come down to earth until after this lovely bank holiday weekend ๐Ÿ˜€

Good for you. It feels fabulous doesn't it? Congrats!

1 like

It certainly does ๐Ÿ˜€ I hope youโ€™ve still got the fabulous feeling from graduating

I came down to earth tonight with my first post graduation run. i missed Laura and I missed having a plan. So I'm going to do the C25k+ podcasts next. What about you?

Iโ€™m going to consolidate for a few weeks and keep hold of Sarah for a bit longer ๐Ÿ™‚ Then probably the C25K+ podcasts, or maybe on to 10k training

1 like

Fantastic well done you, I canโ€™t wait to get be able to do that, well on the way though ๐Ÿ˜

1 like

Thank you. It wonโ€™t be long before youโ€™ll be enjoying the longer runs and then graduating. Keep going, itโ€™s so worth it ๐Ÿ™‚

Huge congratulations Shazamie!! Well done. :)

1 like

Thank you ๐Ÿ˜Š

Well done Shazamie, Iโ€™ve only just graduated and Iโ€™m still on cloud 9. ๐Ÿ˜Š

2 likes

Itโ€™s great isnโ€™t it? We are runners - yay ๐Ÿ˜€

2 likes

You may also like...