Couch to 5K
54,960 members87,502 posts

I ran for 25 minutes!!! 🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️

Just completed W6R3 and I'm slightly in shock that I managed to run for 25 mins. I found the 1st few minutes of the run quite challenging but started to relax into it. From the half way bell I was really in a running zone and it felt like no time at all before Sarah said only 1 minute left. I even managed to follow her suggestion of upping the pace for the last minute and it really did feel like I finished the run on a high l. I couldn't stop grinning as I completed my 5 mins warm down walk.

So proud of what I've achieved so far and I'm starting to believe I will manage to complete this program and looking at what I'll do to keep myself on track after the program as the structure it's given me has really helped and I don't want all this hard work to fall by the wayside after week 9.

When Sarah said at the end of the warm down that I could now call myself a runner I felt like I really could be. 3 more weeks of the program left. Bring it on!

26 Replies
oldestnewest

Amazing 🏃‍♀️ no stopping you now x

1 like

Thank you. I wouldn't say running comes easily yet but these longer runs do let me find a rhythm and my legs kinda just keep going much to my surprise

Well done! Enjoy W7 - you know you can run for this long now. Week 8 and Week 9 are tiny increments - 90 more seconds before and after the bell then 60 more in the final week.

I did the final minute “sprint” for my W6R3 and it was the start of my back strain, so take it carefully!

Good luck with the next one!

1 like

Thank you. I really feel like running the 25 mins was the biggest mental hurdle for me as the increases after are just adding on a little bit to my runs so if I can do 25 mins I can do them.

1 like

Spot on. I found 28 mins (relatively) easy after 25. (But that was after a 1 week break - second go tomorrow...)

1 like

Very well done! 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

1 like

Thank you 🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️

Serious congratulations!

You have made a huge accomplishment.

It is great to hear how you felt going through it. You are quite justified in feeling so happy and so proud.

Well done.

2 likes

Thank you. You must be almost be at the 25 mins running yourself. Can't believe how far I've come in 6 weeks 🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️

So you should be proud! 💪🏽

1 like

Thank you. I really can't stop smiling about what I've achieved today

1 like

Well done I’m on week 7 now and feel the same good on youn

1 like

Thank you and well done on reaching week 7. That's am awesome achievement

Fantastic, well done to you! 🏆

1 like

Thank you. So happy to have managed to get this far

1 like

Amazing achievement! Congratulations! 😀

1 like

Thank you

1 like

Well done! 🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️ that is brilliant! Of course you can complete the programme you are now on week 7 😃😃😃😃

1 like

Thank you

Believe what Sarah says “you are a runner” and you are doing great 👍🏃‍♀️

1 like

Thank you.

Love this post, it’s motivated me for Monday, well done chic x x

1 like

Thank you. I do love how this forum helps keep us all on track when we need that little bit of support or encouragement along the way

1 like

I echo everything you’ve said. I’ve just got back from mine!! It wasn’t easy, but I can’t believe I’ve come this far!!! Well done 😁😁😁😁😁

Thank you. Massive well done to you as well. Love the sense of achievement that this plan has given me 😁

1 like

And the extra energy! If I do a morning run, I’m like the Duracell bunny for the rest of the day 😂. It’s also doing good things for my figure, even though I’m not losing much weight x

You may also like...