Couch to 5K
79,414 members โ€ข 110,671 posts

Week 1 - Run 3 completed

First 3 runs completed for week 1, super chuffed with myself. Although this evening I felt my calfโ€™s were hurting more than usual, any suggestions to help? Greatly appreciated ๐Ÿƒโ€โ™€๏ธ

8 Replies
oldest โ€ข newest

Keep stretching calves...look up good stretches. Make sure you get a gait analysis and new runner trainers fitted by a pro. They will help in the long run x

Baths and walking on non run days. You can get calf compression sleeves which help with any aching X

1 like

forgot to say well done you! x

1 like

Awh thank you! I will defo do that. Thereโ€™s no way I could run longer if my legs are sore ๐Ÿƒโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ˜Š

They do get used to it and build muscle really quickly... mine are transformed so the aches may wear off the more you do.. keep going good on you!

1 like

Well done for completing week 1. Youโ€™re on your way ๐Ÿ‘ Have you tried some stretches to help relax the muscles? When I did C25k last year for the first time my muscles weโ€™re so sore it was an effort to walk home after some runs. I now stretch before & after running with a bit of yoga on my off days to help stretch & relax. Good luck for week two ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ˜Š

1 like

Every bit of advice helps especially when youโ€™ve been there ๐Ÿƒโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ˜Š

Red wine - a large glass ๐Ÿท

1 like

Donโ€™t tempt me! Being extra good. Iโ€™m trying to lose weight for my holidays!

You may also like...