Couch to 5K
62,563 members95,367 posts

week 6 struggle

I have just attempted all three runs in week 6 over the last week, and in everyone I found my self struggling to maintain my run, and in some cases having to completely slow down to a brisk walk in my running time. especially run 3. I completed week 5 without any trouble and was so pleased that I ran for a whole 20 minutes, so now I am feeling a little deflated. Should I start week 6 again or go back to week 5? Any advise would be greatly received.

Another thing I am finding about 3/4 through each run I am starting to get pins and needles in my left foot, my trainers are fairly new and fit properly, does anyone else get this?

Thank you :)

3 Replies
oldestnewest

Hi clohrn

for me personally - i found after running for 20 mins without stopping and then starting week 6 and being back to walk breaks threw me off. I lost my stride, rhythm, etc and so i decided to slow my pace right down but keep the running motion going during the walk sections so as to keep my rhythm. Give it a try on your next run see if it helps.

With regard to the pins & needles - your laces are too tight on your left foot...loosen them a little. Your foot swells while your are running so whilst they feel great at the start they don't as you go along!

3 likes

Thanks for the advise alisonx, I shall give this a go tonight 😊

I’ve only done run 1 but found it threw me on the 8 min section. Think I ran too fast in the first 5 mins. Just need to slow it down. Week 6 seems to be a bit of a shock to many. Keep going 🏃🏻‍♀️🏃🏻‍♀️🏃🏻‍♀️👍🏼

1 like

You may also like...