Couch to 5K
54,826 members87,337 posts

Week 4 trepidation 🏃🏽‍♀️

Just finished week 3 in this gorgeous weather and had a peek at week 4 run 1 and fair to say I am now nervous 😟 😧. I cannot comprehend how I am going to run for three, five, three and then five minutes again?!? I know I have to trust in this process and I’ve got to this stage following MJ and the plan but feel a bit worried 😟 for the first time!!

5 Replies
oldestnewest

I’ve just finished w4, you can already run for 3 minutes at a time so you’ll be fine, you just need to make sure you catch your breath between the 3 and 5 minute runs. This is the week where you go from mostly walking to mostly running and that’s something to feel good about after

2 likes

I’ve literally just got back from my W4R2 and honestly, the first one was hard but I think that was because like you I looked and panicked!! Today’s run was 100% better and I’m super proud to finish it. It’s tough but so worth it. Good luck!!!

2 likes

Hi 👋 I felt exactly the same at that stage but (yes I’m going to say it!) trust the app😊 You have been building up your stamina and you are ready for this 😀

Follow the app, listen to your body and enjoy 😊 🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️

2 likes

Every run prepares you for the next one. Don't ask how, it's weird magic, but it works 😀😀😀😀

1 like

All we can say is - you will cope! It seems such a hurdle now but it's just a stepping stone. Good luck!

1 like

You may also like...