Couch to 5K

Rubbish run

I couldn’t make it to run with my usual group last night, so thought I’d try going out on my own this morning. Week 7 run 2 - I’ve done 25 minutes twice now, so I should be fine - wrong!! I felt like I was back at week 1 and hardly ran at all. Not sure what happened, but it has knocked my confidence a bit.

Anyone else had this?

Back out as a group tomorrow, so hope I can get back on track.

3 Replies
oldestnewest

Don’t panic! I had a rubbish 25 minuter where I had to slow down and walk for a couple of minutes half way through. My next one was absolutely fine. I’ve just finished w7r3 now... ready for w8r1!

1 like

When you start out these rotten runs can really knock your confidence but they happen to everyone. As you get more experience, you will know that a bad run doesn’t mean the end of the world or that you can’t run any more. Put it behind you and move on with your head high!

2 likes

Crap runs just happen sometimes, and its not restricted to the C25K ones either - it happens post graduation too. One thing I’d say though is as you go through the plan the cumulative affects of doing the runs and the kms add up and if I had my time again, I would have taken an extra days rest from time to time, just to keep the rest levels topped up.

Good luck and happy running next time out

1 like

You may also like...