Couch to 5K
64,149 members97,200 posts

First Run - Eye Opener

Hi Guys,

Started my first run W1R1 last night and it was a struggle. I am 26, 6'1' and weigh 19 stone 5lbs and have recently become a father and want to be active and able to play with my daughter as she grows up. The fitness and weight loss journey has begun.

I managed to keep up with all 8 runs and enjoyed the lay out. I do run too fast at times and need to learn to pace myself.

But I am proud and I am going to stick to this!

31 Replies
oldestnewest

Well done. My first run was a nightmare, keep up the good work!!

2 likes

Thank you!

👋🏼 I did my second run this morning, so I’m a newbie too. Hope your thighs are okay tomorrow!

1 like

I just ache all over haha. I’m hoping I feel good for my next one

1 like

My frame of mind was better today, before and after - not sure the thighs are though!!

2 likes

You're a good Dad :)

2 likes

Cheers mate!

1 like

hello, make sure you are slow, you will be told to slow down a lot on here which is great! Smails pace is the best! Well done you... onwards and upwards. I'm now on week 6 and can run for 20 mins and found week 1 tough! keep posting x

1 like

Yeah...... Snails rock!!!

2 likes

Without you and snails I wouldn't be here! X

1 like

Moi... the original Grey Snail :) xxx

2 likes

Cheers! I will try and pace myself better going forward! Get too into the music haha

1 like

I've had to take "Ace of spades" off my running playlist for that very reason!

😂😂😂

Welcome to the forum and the plan... Start enjoying the snails pace and keep posting 🏃🏃🏃

Liz x

1 like

Good for you! 💪🏻🏃‍♂️

1 like

Thank you

A good incentive.

2 likes

Thank you

Great start... make sure you check out the Newbie post and keep it slow and steady :) You are going to need all your energy with a new small one:)

healthunlocked.com/couchto5...

1 like

Thank you. I will do my best!

1 like

Brilliant- it’s a great feeling at the end of each run isn’t it - a real sense of achievement. Well done.

3 likes

It really is! Feel better about myself already!

1 like

Go Daddy ,well done ,

1 like

Thank you!

Don’t worry! We’re all struggling too 👍🏽 My advice is to slow down as that helps you manage the intervals 💪🏽 You’ll be addicted in no time 😂

1 like

I can’t wait to do my next one. I am going football training tomorrow so will have a night off atleast and then crack on!

1 like

Well done, you will do this, but don't expect your life to stay the same.

Just another plug for the guide to the plan healthunlocked.com/couchto5... which is full of tips and advice.

Enjoy your journey.

1 like

Cheers mate, I’m hoping I can keep this going. But with the amount of support on here I don’t think it will be a problem!

1 like

Well done! You definitely will do it! 😊

1 like

Thank you!

First one always the hardest, its tough to get out there. But well done you on having a definite goal to be a fit and active dad.

1 like

Be proud😊 My advice is run at snails pace and take more than one rest day as needed. 😊

You may also like...