Couch to 5K
65,161 members98,464 posts

Me & my old self

This morning I ran....I had it all, rain sun, sleet, biting wind, mud....puddles like mirrors that were hiding deep holes that swallow people!!! I had it all...oh yes...if I were a pea lost in the deepest, darkest corner of my freezer I would have been warmer....just a short run this morning I thought, 28 mins 3.5kms later I thought about my old self...wind back 12 months...

Rain, sun, sleet, biting wind, mud....puddles like mirrors that were hiding deep holes that swallow people...????? What is all this stuff? I’m here, cosy on my sofa, hugging my cuppa, dunking my rich tea, watching some drivel on t.v in front of a roaring fire...thinking about the housework to be done, seeing the occasional lunatic running passed....wondering what on gods earth would possess anyone to choose to go out in this weather, get themselves dressed in stretchy clothes & trainers & run? Splashing in those deep dark puddles, wet, cold feet, rain bouncing down on their heads running through their hair onto their face....getting absolutely wet through....they must be absolutely off their trollies....there’s NO WAY on this earth anyone would get me doing that!!!

Enough said.....

51 Replies
oldestnewest

Brilliant, just brilliant...👍👏

1 like

😉

Yup, nuff said. They are off their rockers, out of their tiny minds.

Then regard that pile of ironing. Then regard the window, ironing, window

🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️👍✔️😁

3 likes

Lol...yep...🏃🏼‍♀️🏃🏼‍♀️🏃🏼‍♀️💪🏻💪🏻💪🏻 Bring on the weather x

2 likes

what is this 'ironing' of which you speak?

4 likes

It’s beginning to become a distant memory!!! Most of my clothes don’t need ironing...if only I could the whole family wearing Lycra....🤔🤔😂😂

1 like

Ach, you can’t iron running tights anyway!

1 like

They just don’t understand, do they? Our old selves.

A brilliant post - love the pea image!

5 likes

No, they don’t!!! They’ve no flippin idea have they?!!! Don’t tell me I’m the only person who has random garden peas hiding in the freezer??!!!!! 😂😂😂

2 likes

Ha! Great stuff, who needs a nice hot cup of tea when you can get a mouthful of freezing rain at stupid o'clock in the morning! ;0)

6 likes

Not me!!! Ha ha...the brew can wait!!! 😉

2 likes

Straight to the point! Thrilling, surprising, brilliant! And if I'm reading correctly - very happy :)

2 likes

Yes IgaT ...very happy 😊

2 likes

I'm currently somewhere in between. Running again. However 'only' 2x per week, not 3x or every other day. Moreover, I'm postponing my run for tomorrow as they're saying it'll be a bit better weather. After fighting so many illnesses in past months, I am a bit more careful (for now). Did I lost my runner soul known by majority of people as craziness and/or toughness?

1 like

Better to be safe than sorry IgaT ...you haven’t lost anything, you have gained massively by finding running...& sticking to it...getting out there how ever many times a week is better than none at all x

3 likes

That's for sure :) and all the beautiful benefits afterwards :)

2 likes

@Mummycav I've been sat here in my office at home looking out of the window at the rain and sleet and then it was sunshine so I thought it may not last so best not.

But then I read this.

On with the yellow minion spandex and time to get out there :)

8 likes

😂😂😂🏃🏻🏃🏻🏃🏻🏃🏻....you know it’s for the best GingerBohemian ...!!!

1 like

You’re not the pea in the freezer are you GingerBohemian ...oh no, you’re the wasp in the jar, trapped inside dying to get out...go on then, I’ve taken the lid off...😉

5 likes

3.68km, 30min. Steady plod at 8m9s / km.

That feels better :)

2 likes

Aaahhhhh...I can feel the relief...😊...your day is complete my friend!!

2 likes

Hilarious..!! 😂😂

Hear Hear, Mummycav, Hear Hear..!!

Xx

2 likes

It's my rest day - thankfully for my legs from both squats and running! But I am sitting on the tram exactly feeling like a lost pea in the depths of the freezer, well, one wearing a hat and scarf! We are happy to be out in most weather (safety first!) - no worries IgaT, I am sure it's important to look after yourself!

Glad you weren't swallowed up by a puddle Mummycav! Fab though isn't it!

3 likes

Sure is 😉

your old self has all this self-discovery and transformation to look forward to, as well as the ironing ;) ☕📺📆🏃🏃🏃

1 like

LOL! And who would have known we would be doing it in gear a dominatrix would find too gaudy, and with a shoe fetish thrown in.

4 likes

Baha, we're more submissive, surely, being given our orders by our mentors and duly following direction!

Shoe and underwear fetish here though - ooh er!

2 likes

I find it hard to be submissive in purple starry leggings. I will admit to a shock absorber bra fixation though oooh er Mrs...

3 likes

I think anyone would...!

2 likes

I know what you mean..............What happened to those people we were 12 months ago..........gone forever, replaced, by nutters who love running. I am now almost back. Ran week 4 of C25K today. Hoping to be fit enough to do Parkrun in 2 weeks. Never in a million years would I have been thinking like that a year ago.

2 likes

Exactly 😉

1 like

Yep...I get it, that is all that need to be said!! 😊😊😊

2 likes

Love it. X

2 likes

brilliant, well said!! :)

2 likes

Haha, that's the way to go, good on you lovely xx

2 likes

Love this! 😄😄

Hooray for the New Mummycav..she's a warrior😊xx

(Lycra needs no ironing..)😉

4 likes

Haha! You made my mind shoot straight into the bottom of my freezer - where undoubtedly there will be very cold lost peas!! Great post thanks. 😀

2 likes

Great going MC! Blimey the way you describe the weather I don't blame your old self for sitting on the sofa! Think I might join her! It's really hard getting out in foul weather, I used to not care but recently winter's been getting to me. It's a cold, dark, drag. I long for lighter mornings. But you did it, in spite of all this. Inspiring yet again!! :)

2 likes

Aww, bless ya...spring will soon be here...along with the spring in your step 😊

2 likes

😂we are all mad! I was out in the cold and wind 💨

2 likes

Strong stuff 💪🏻💪🏻🏃🏼‍♀️🏃🏼‍♀️

2 likes

Superb! I'm only just st the start but can see how it gets you already

1 like

Be prepared for a new addiction!! 😉

1 like

LOVE... 💕

1 like

Brilliant, now pass me a rich tea xxx

1 like

Ha ha...go on then...I only share them with special friends 😉

1 like

I'd join you for a trot out whatever the weather but I'm a runaholic and the added bonus of a brew and a rich tea would be just to much for me to resist

1 like

😂😂😂....a trot in Yorkshire, with a proper Yorkshire lass & the promise of a Yorkshire brew...must be a fellas dream??!!!! Lol 😉

1 like

Bloody hell, not a man alive could turn that down

1 like

😂😂😂

1 like

Brilliant 😊

1 like

You may also like...