Couch to 5K

I graduated today! Yay!!!

I am thrilled! A few months ago I had problems with the 60 second spurts and now I have run for 30 minutes three times in the last seven days!

Finding this plan was the best thing I did last year.

Now, the plan is to continue building up stamina and distance with two goals of running this year's Race for Life instead of walking (as I have done for the last seven), and doing a park run :-)

And now to find out how I change my status to GRADUATE!

Keep going everyone, it really is worth it in the end :-)

16 Replies
oldestnewest

I know and congrats. Look for something like January graduation. Mine was December, end of, so still feels new, and then post your name.

1 like

Cheers!

Still feels good 8 days later. Hope it does for you too. Treat yourself to a nice drink, you deserve it

1 like

Yay is right! Well done you. I thoroughly recommend Parkrun... I'm very slow but did my 7th one last Saturday.

Happy running.

1 like

We have a parkrun on a Sunday morning a few miles from me :-)

1 like

Go for it! I was nervous at first... being too fat, too old, to slow etc. So i went and had a look one Saturday morning and the next week had a go. I'm usually towards the back getting overtaken by the runners with dogs and pushchairs but who cares! Got a pb on Saturday... felt like Mo Farah!!!

1 like

Yay! Go you!

2 likes

I also did a Park run and said to my kids after that I felt like Mo. They replied "what Mo the Lawn?" Time to amend the will.

I would be in that group too and there was a time I beat myself up about that, here in the forums, but over that now. Enjoy yourself

1 like

Well done and it truly is life changing

1 like

Congratulations. What a great feeling. Keep on running 🎉👍🙌🏻😀

1 like

Well done

1 like

Congratulations..very well done:)

1 like

Many congratulations fellow runner.

Keep running, keep smiling.

1 like

Fantastic achievement 👏👏, you should be so proud of yourself 👍

1 like

Congratulations. Go do the park run next weekend. You won't regret it.

You may also like...