Couch to 5K
65,195 members98,500 posts

Finally graduated!! YAY

Finally graduated!! YAY

I’ve finally gone and done it. I think it took me a little longer than the 9 weeks. But I’m here.

Thanks for everyone on here who has given their knowledge and support.

It’s a great little community on here and everyone here is positive and supportive.

I did struggle with this run. Think shin splints. 😬😬😬

I hope it’s just me getting used to new running trainers plus the fact I had around a month of before hand. Compression socks ordered to hopefully alleviate some discomfort.

I plan on doing week 9 again just to help build up strength and stamina.

19 Replies
oldestnewest

Brilliant, what an achievement you should be very proud. Take care of those shin splints. I have got them before if my stride was too big!

1 like

Brilliant, well done! :)

1 like

Woohoo!!! 🏆👍🍾❗❗❗❗❗❗

Congratulations!!! What a high eh?

Hope your discomfort was just that and you feel great very soon!

Irrelevant but i was reading and came across this article concerning what we talked about:

runnersworld.com/health-inj...

Anyway enjoy the podium and glory! You have earned it!!!

1 like

Some of those yoga moves look a little bit challenging!! I tried it yesterday and was almost sick! 😂😂

Ahaha it makes sense!

i really really think you should go to ONE real class. Yoga needs a little coaching to get it right. It's not the same on your own with a video, not knowing what is what. Take a friend with you so you dont feel exposed.

Then you can use the video at home all you like. But you will know aprox what you are doing.

Don't give up without trying. It is exhilarating when you start understanding what your body can do.

Haha!! Sounds like a great fun. The lady on the video did keep saying keep breathing and it’s all about the breathing technique.

I maybe should look what’s about near me and give it a go. I can always hide in the corner 😂

1 like

Yes do!

Try, i mean, not the corner!!!

Get someone to explain the breathing to you. It is the torque in yoga.

Let me know when you try!

1 like

Will do 👍

Nice one Dave - congrats!

Thanks mate!! Who would have thought that hard work does pay off!! 😂

1 like

Congratulations!!

1 like

Woohoo Dave! 🎉🎉🎉 Congratulations on your immense achievement!

I know it’s early on Sunday morning, but have a swig of this to celebrate ...... 🥂 🍾

Brilliant stuff! 😀😀👍🏻

Haha. Thank you!! That means a lot.

Yeah I will definitely be having a cold one tonight. 👍🙏

1 like

Congratulations! Well done clever you, it's the best feeling isn't it?! Full permission to look smug for at least a week 😎

1 like

Haha absolutely!! I feel good but I felt it was a bit of a steady run.

I might have a couple of rest days before my next run to see if I can ease the shin pain.

Looking forward to carrying it on and taking running on board as part of my lifestyle hopefully

Many congratulations on your graduation fellow runner.

This guide to post C25K running may be helpful healthunlocked.com/couchto5...…….what-next

Keep runnin, keep smiling.

1 like

Thanks mate. Will have to have a browse at that and see what I can do next!

Take care with the aches and pains! Well done! 🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾

Congrats and keep on running. What an achievement you have accomplished what I will be doing soon. 🎓🏆

You may also like...