Couch to 5K
57,142 members89,662 posts

I have actually started running, yes RUNNING!!!

I can't quite believe I've done it. I've lifted two feet off the ground AT THE SAME TIME. I did my first week one run session on Tuesday, and then I only went and did it again today. Twice in three days! And both times in rain and wind, I feel like a champion.

OK, I know I need some perspective in this, but it has been many a long year since I was last in the position of having both feet airborne at the same time. So I'm tired, wet, knackered, but exhilarated, and long may it continue.

5 Replies
oldestnewest

Wonderful! Well done really! I ran against the wind today and pffew, that was a hard one. So as you're starting, it shows great determination. You'll be soon addicted ;-) Hope the next runs will be even more enjoyable!

1 like

I think your perspective needs no alignment, you have made an achievement that few people ever get round to, and you will only improve from here on out. Well done! And welcome to the forum

2 likes

What a lovely positive start! Well done, and welcome. I hope you continue to enjoy yourself as you progress though this excellent programme.

1 like

Slow, steady and brilliant.. take it very easy and enjoy this wonderful journey...have you checked out the post about the whole thing..it is excellent :)

healthunlocked.com/couchto5...

I do remember my early days of C25K - like you it had been a VERY long time since I ever launched this body into thin air!!! I remember that feeling of exhileration to discover that I could indeed do "it" :)

You may also like...