Couch to 5K
54,982 members87,512 posts

Post hol/snow advice please

Post hol/snow advice please

Hi everyone.

I’ve just come back from a hot hol to this (very pretty) snow filled scene. Quite a shock to my system! Can’t really go out for a run until the snows melted a bit but any advice on where to start? Had got to wk8 r2 but have now had a 3wk break. Did quite a bit of walking/swimming whilst away but no running- had good intentions but tend to melt in the heat :-)

Wondering whether to go back to 20mins or two 10 mins with a break in the middle. Or just see how I get on...

Keep warm!

Susy

5 Replies
oldestnewest

Happy home coming... start with a brisk walk... and then a quick and gentle jogette... maybe use Week 8 run 2 again as a warm up comeback... be safe :)

1 like

Brilliant will give that a go- liking the phrase jogette :-)

1 like

Well done...:)

The jogette...? I cannot take credit for that, the phrase belongs to our wonderful Irishprincess .. an awesome runner, with a wealth of experience. Whenever I am returning to running or after a spell on the IC, this is what I always try.. and it works!

2 likes

🙂 Aw thank you for the lovely words Floss xxx

Susy, I'm going out tomorrow for a jogette as I haven't run in 10 days. It matters not one iota how long a break we have. We'll always return 🤗.

2 likes

Oh good, am feeling much more motivated now thankyou. I shall set my alarm for jogette o’clock 😄

2 likes

You may also like...