Yay, yay, yaaay, 1st 5kaaay!!!

Couldn't resist a bit of celebratory rhyme!

So my first 5k in a slow steady 46.35 mins including warm up walk - post grad R2 😀 - amazed.

Additional first time experiences…

No. 1 daughter teaching me how to make a playlist to run to. ( Yes I know- pathetic)

No. 1 daughter showing me how to delete unwanted music off my phone that I didn't even know was there (gee thanks no. 2 daughter)!!😂

Discovered "Skyfall "is an excellent cool down walk track "This is the end… " 😃

Dave Brubeck's Take 5 & Unsquare Dance made me want to dancejog -my legs behaved but I just may have had happy dancing shoulders!

Park run I am getting closer! 😄you

7 Replies
oldest • newest

Well done, Elfe, good work! I felt more victorious completing my first 5k than I did finishing C25K! It's a lovely feeling, isn't it?

Bask in the glory, Elfe! 😘

1 like

Thank you- and yes you are right - my graduation run was the one when I discovered that it is a mistake to run when you are under the weather - this was much much better. I am doing happy basking 😃

Fantastic!!! Well done and "keep on running" (I think I will include this piece in a playlist once I find I can do without Laura ;-). Love the Brubeck's, very nice for a steady, cool run.

1 like

Well done Elfe! Congratulations!👏👍🏼🏆

1 like

Super duper! Go us! Imagine 5K.... who would have thought that it was even possible...I certainly didn't....

1 like

Me neither- 9 weeks ago I genuinely thought I would just do weeks 1& 2 forever!😂

So, so, SO pleased for you! Brilliant! Here's to many more!

1 like

You may also like...