Couch to 5K
54,618 members87,088 posts

Week 1 done!

Well considering I couldn't walk after the first run I've just finished week 1. Hooray!

I've now got a rotten cold and can't start week 2 when I hoped to, which is disappointing (did I just say that? Me...disappointed at not going out running? Me...the big fat lazy mare who hates exercise?!). It's strange how my legs don't hurt now and I can't believe how quickly you can adapt to this. Mind you I struggled with the 2nd spurt of run 3 (the others were ok. Don't know why). Think I'm going to really struggle with 90 secs though on week 2, as I'm only just managing 60 at the mo 😮 🏃🏻‍♀️🏃🏻‍♀️🏃🏻‍♀️🏃🏻‍♀️

5 Replies
oldestnewest

Well done... you will do the next week...just rest up. get rid of the cold and as soon as you feel back up for it, head out again. Steady and slow.

Keep up a bit of gentle exercise whilst you are getting better!

1 like

You’ll be surprised 😮 I thought the same and now 9 weeks on I run 🏃‍♀️ for 30 minutes and so will you. Remember in the words of oldfloss “slow and steady “.

1 like

I thought the same every week until week 6. But I managed every one. I am sure you will too. You are doing great.

1 like

You will do it! I'm on the last run of week 4, and if you had asked me on week 1 if I would be able to run for 5 minutes at a time, I would have laughed - but i can, albeit slowly.

1 like

I thought I was only just managing 60 seconds but I did W2 R1 today and I managed the 90 seconds, maybe it’s because you get 2 minutes walk in between runs (and when I say run I mean plod) 😊😊 so you will do fine when you feel better

1 like

You may also like...