Couch to 5K
62,176 members94,910 posts

Yeehaw!!! W5R3 in the bag

Never have I ever.....

Run 20mins continuously outdoor

That’s is until one hour ago!!

Despite headwinds (and I mean it literally!!) slowing me down for the first half of my run, I managed to run continuously for 20mins.

A big shout out to

Iannodatruffle for setting me right very early on that every run is a prep for the next

Oldfloss for taking so much time to motivate newbies and graduates alike

Elfe5 for telling me to stick to the program and not jump the gun too early

And all in this forum for patiently answering my questions, cheering me on the progress, sharing tips and progress updates

I genuinely would not have come this far without this forum

Super happy now and did a dance as soon as I entered Home to celebrate :D thankfully no one at home now apart from me :))

12 Replies
oldestnewest

Gosh, you give me hope. That will be me next week (fingers crossed)

3 likes

Stick to the plan and you can definitely do it. I, and so many others on this forum, are living proofs!!

Just believe in yourself, step out , keep it slow n steady... it all happens by itself then :)

1 like

It will :)

FANTASTIC!!! well done!! You’ll be up to 30 mins before you know it!!

2 likes

Brilliant good on you!

I just did it too and I am so happy 😄

2 likes

Well done and this run is such a confidence boost, onwards and upwards

1 like

Well done - that run gives you such a great feeling of achievement and I really feel that it was the turning point for me. I was on such a high following it and it was then that I started to believe I could finish the programme. 😀

2 likes

Same

Yeay!!!! You did it :) xx

1 like

Fantastic feeling! High five to you

1 like

It’s a great feeling isn’t it. Just finished the same run an hour ago and I’m well chuffed.

Congratulations and keep it going - you are knocking it out of the park.

2 likes

I’ve just finished R3 too. It felt surprisingly easy, especially when it felt so laughable and unachievable as recent as 5 days ago! Had some rain and a rainbow half way. Week 6 R1 is looking a doddle right now. Am really noticing an improvement in my cardio fitness, increased leg strength, breathing, and I’m also finding a more natural running stride and rhythm now. Go us!!!!

2 likes

You may also like...