Couch to 5K
52,886 members84,936 posts

Week 5 underway and celebrating feeling good

The first run of week 5 and i really enjoyed it, and i had been looking forward to it since my last run a couple of days ago. I had to post this partly so i can look back at it later as i never thought i would feel this way about running. I pushed myself a bit today and ran a tiny bit faster and on more hilly ground and just being there, amongst the autumn trees and fallen leaves, with only Sanjeev and my determination to get me through, plus a bit of T Rex, was just lovely. I really felt like i got into my rhythm with this one and although i was out of breath i felt strong.

This is all still really amazing to me and although i know the next two runs are the tough ones i'm looking forward to giving them a go.

Also, have you noticed how people smile at you when you run?

And the black dog? sleeping soundly.

10 Replies
oldestnewest

Well done! Glad you’re enjoying it. 🙂keep plugging steadily away and eating up those sessions

Folks are generally smiley . I meet some lovely peeps out on my Runs 🙂

Trex! Brill! 👍la la la la la la la repeat 😁

2 likes

Hey, well done! It's amazing when you realise that you're actually looking forward to run days and enjoying it. I really enjoyed week 5 and love autumn running. And gotta love a bit of T Rex too (I'm an old 70s girl!) Happy running

2 likes

Glad you are enjoying this so much and that it is doing you good physically and mentally. Ride a White Swan has just popped into my head and I think it would be a good song for running :)

3 likes

Ride a White Swan is on my playlist; it’s a great running song 🎶

Added it to mine today, and cosmic dancer, but the opening bars of Debora always start me off in a good rhythm.

Ioh yes, I’d forgotten Debora - think you probably run faster than me though! 😉 I’ve just added We love to Boogie to my playlist 🎶🏃🏻‍♀️

Im coming up behind you, one more week 4 run, so Im glad its fun and going well. And well done.

2 likes

Yay, keep going, it gets better👍

Great stuff... sneak away whilst the dog sleeps!!!

Take it slow and steady and watch out on those leaves.. very well done you!

1 like

I kept expecting to slip on them but I was lucky, or surefooted :)

1 like

You may also like...