Couch to 5K
57,668 members90,164 posts

Actually made it to 5K!

On Sunday morning. I did Week 9 Run 3 at the end of October and have kept running 30 minutes 3 times a week since, not worrying about the distance which is usually under 4 km, but on Sunday I planned a 5 km route and did it in about 40 minutes (I forgot to time the start) and may have walked a few steps ;-) I hope to improve on that and maybe do a Parkrun soon. Thank you C25K I never thought I could be a runner XXX

5 Replies
oldestnewest

Well done you 🏅👏👍

1 like

That's brilliant! I think I will follow that plan when I graduate as I am half way through week 7 right now and covering just under 4km. I did a 5k a few weeks ago and it took me about 45 minutes (with walking intervals, as I was early in the programme and just wanted to do a bit of extra exercise after my run). So I imagine when I graduate, I'll be about the same, doing 5k in 40 mins, and then gradually work up to doing it faster. How exciting for you!

1 like

Thanks for the vote of confidence DYR21, it seems to be working so far. I must investigate the podcasts for beyond C25K too...

1 like

Well done. I too did 5km yesterday for the first time.

1 like

Well done us!

You may also like...