Couch to 5K
65,148 members โ€ข 98,438 posts

Week 8 Run 1 Ran for 5k!!!!

Week 8 Run 1 Ran for 5k!!!!

Wow, what a difference from the last run. Started out steady, kept up a pace of between 6 mins 30 and 6 mins 40 for each kilometre, got to 28 mins and felt good so kept going to the 5k in 33 minutes 45 seconds. Surprised and extremely chuffed with myself. Quite a change from the sweating quivering wreck after 60 seconds of running just a few weeks ago. I want to say a huge thank you to everyone on the forum who has supported and encouraged me along the way and to anyone wavering in the early weeks I would say keep at it, it really is one of the best things you will ever do. 5 runs to go until graduation and we will see where we go from there!!! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

8 Replies
oldest โ€ข newest

Well done on your 5k.

I agree stick at it, but better and safer to follow the programme as is.

1 like

Brilliant run, well done you. Nice pacing

Thanks Jancanrun, I had intended to go a bit slower but just don't feel comfortable if I slow down to much and lose all my rhythm. I'm really happy with the way it went.

1 like

Well done... but slow down :) Follow the programme, to stay injury free :)

1 like

Whoop whoop! Well done Chris! I did that run this morning and ran for 32 minutes, didmy warm up walk as normal and then the warm down run was slightly longer as I was not quite near my starting point. Super chuffed as I felt great afterwards and feel like the last 5 runs won't be too daunting now!

We are both going to do this with flying colours ๐Ÿ˜

Congratulations on reaching the 5k. Thatโ€™s a great achievement. Enjoy the rest of week 8 ๐Ÿ˜€

Well done Chris, amazing effort.

Iโ€™ve been increasing my last run of each week since W5 by .25mile. Doing 2.75 miles on Sat then going for the 5k on graduation run next week....hopefully!

If I can get below 37mins for 5k Iโ€™ll be a happy bunny ๐Ÿ˜Š

Good luck mate ๐Ÿ˜Š

1 like

You may also like...