What is it about Laura? And mojo maintenance?

I now have Laura on NHS Strength and Flex podcast (thanks to various advisors on giving this a go - well worth it) and she is quite hypnotic. In a good way. So am wandering around children's playgrounds at dawn flexing my quads and hams and looking for right-sized trees/playground equipment (I don't think it's illegal although I'm over 12).

Most importantly, I also have Michael Johnson (yes, he's Smooth, Jan!) sending me out on Week 6 which I am running in a repeating loop. Because I have discovered a secret to my mojo awakening and mojo maintenance.

Skip this if it's plain obvious or boring - but I couldn't work out why I felt defeated by the idea of running 25mins or more without stopping, for every run (even though I know I can). The thought was making me turn over in bed and practise my sleeping (which is going very well, since discovery of the Power of Vitamin D3 - sidetrack, but am now Vit D3 evangelist).

It's to do with what I'm calling the 'crescendo effect' - like many others I suspect I like to do things in threes and I like the end of the trio to feel complete with a bit of a sense of victory. But I don't want the first one of the three to be too daunting. And I want the middle one to be in between those two. Plus I like to think in a weekly sequence, even if I don't stick to doing my three runs within 7 days. So I start easy on a 'Monday' and rise to great celebratory heights by 'Friday'.

So, there we have it: Week 6 on a loop is my savious for now (or Week 5 would do similarly). And these were both tough weeks pre-graduation and they now feel like good old friends that I can come back to time and again.

I love it when perception changes - means there's hope for me in all sorts of other arenas.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • There sure is 👍🙂.

I did S & F with Laura in the local park, with its handy railings and benches 👍. Good int it 💪

• It’s just brilliant - I should not question just submit and do. She is irresistible 😀

• I did Laura in the house.. with stairs.... newel post and a shoe bench :)

Go you!

• On a wet/cold day I will do similarly - and will feel at least a little bit righteous- even if running gets put off.

You may also like...