Dreading the hills

Finished W5R2 today without any problems. So far I have managed to arrange the runs so that I am walking when it comes to the steepest part of the hills so am dreading R3 when having to do 20 mins nonstop. Hadn't realised how hilly the area I live in was until I started running. There isn't a route I can take without a hill in it. Oh well my legs could be killing me after the next one.

6 Replies
oldestnewest

You can do it 👍👍

I avoided hills till week 6 but then found they weren't as bad as I feared. If you get your route right you get the same amount of down as up and that let's you recover. I found on really steep bits if I keep my legs moving at the same speed but take much smaller steps I can get up slowly but without too much difficulty. And they do make your running much stronger. Good luck. You can do it.

3 likes

Thank you. Will try the smaller step technique as I'm sure I tend to stride out more when going up the hill. I'll give it my best shot :)

Just take it steady.. hills appear where there were none before!! Just ehad up slow and steady :)

1 like

You'll do this and will build great strength

1 like

Hope so. I am determined to do it.

You may also like...