Week 5 and I can't believe how far I've come in a week, let alone a month

Two weeks ago I was so fearful of the 3 minute runs. Then conquering those, the dreaded 5 minute runs were the next in my top spot of anxieties.

Now I don't know why I ever worried about them. Just did the first run of week 5 and I love the 5 minute runs. I was even able to push myself a little more for speed (I know, I know, slow and steady, but you still have to push yourself a little if you're finding it easier right?).

Anyway, I can totally see how I will be able to do the 8 minute runs now. Which is a nice feeling.

Let's not think about that 20 minutes just yet though 😂

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

10 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Brilliant well done 😎

• Thank you =)

• You sound like you are doing really well! Stick to the program and you'll manage the dreaded week 5 run 3!

• I'm doing okay I think, yeah!

• Congratulations I’ve just finished week5 Run 2 and you can do it. First 8 mins easier than second but I just told myself when I’d done the first 3 mins it’s only like doing a 5 minute run now and it helps. Good luck

• I literally just did mine an hour ago too! That last three minutes was killer, but I did force myself to speed up a bit and power through. Glad I did. Such a nice feeling after. We have come so far!

• Well done. You’re doing great 👍

• thank you

• Just about to go out for W5R1. read your post and feel encouraged. Many thanks

• Let us know how it goes!

You may also like...