Couch to 5K
65,256 members98,617 posts

Tough slog!

I have just done my first run in a whole week due to catching a cold and barely been able to breath through either nostril (to much info I know!) at first I felt guilty about missing the runs, then I started to dread getting back into the swing of it! Luckily this morning I didn’t give myself chance to think about it much and just got changed and went, I tell you what it was hard work and every second I thought about stopping but I did it and have now completed week 8! Bring on week 9 🙌🏼

12 Replies
oldestnewest

Well done. I believe these are the real successes. Completing those runs when everything is conspiring against us. Not as great a buzz as those easy runs where we feel like we are flying, but a much bigger achievement - W9 has no where to hide!!

1 like

Thank you!

1 like

Now that, my friend, is impressive! :-)

1 like

😊 thanks

only 3 runs to go, well done you

1 like

Thank you, I can’t wait! Never thought I’d get this far! What did you go on to do after you graduated?

I consolidated at 5k and 2 months later just now at 8/8.5km 3 times a week...

Today a rubbish run, have pulled 3 muscles... so only 5km. But aiming to do normally about 10km each run and then get faster as am still not exactly speedy Gonzales ...but stamina comes first

1 like

Take it easy, sounds like a good plan though! I’m not sure if I should follow the 10K plan afterwards or just do it myself

1 like

Get through first.. and after that, there is much to think about..consolidation for a few weeks, being the main one :)

"Better to do the right things slowly than the wrong things quickly!"

2 likes

Good advice thanks

1 like

Well done...but, do make sure you feel up for it. The runs will still be there.. they will and we need to take care of you!

1 like

Thanks, I’m defiantly feeling up to starting week 9 now I got today’s run out of the way.

1 like

You may also like...