Just finished Run 1 of Week 5 and have such a buzz!

Been following everyone's posts and taking inspiration from you all. I have been taking things very slowly with the programme by repeating a couple of weeks to really get a good base. Today I said, no...now I am ready to move on to Week 5. I feel incredible. Never in a million years did I think that I would be able to run for 5 minutes, let alone do it 3 times. I am a complete novice and one of the older (61) new runners but if I may be allowed to give some advice to other newbies like me, don't be afraid to repeat a week if you don't feel ready to move on, I don't feel a failure I just feel empowered as I see myself growing stronger each time, albeit at a slower pace than others. I know now that I am going to make with the support and motivation that all of you give to me every day. Receiving the posts lets me know that I am not alone. We are in it together and that feels great. Thanks.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well done - that's amazing!

• Thanks, I think we are all amazing for starting this adventure. It's life-changing.

• You are spot on - it is life changing!

• Very very well done.. your journey and your way... :) Slow and steady works:)

• Thank you. I am excited to try the next run on Sunday. I needed to have a goal in my life, I am recently widowed. Feeling quite proud of myself for starting this journey with you all. 😊

You may also like...