Couch to 5K
54,851 members87,356 posts

Oh silly me

Feeling my age today. My lower back has been hurting for a few days now but I thought I’d complete week 7 and shake it off with a good 25 minute run. All well until I thought at 25 mins I’d just do another 5 and complete the 5k. Pride cameth before a fall. In the last few yards, literally, Twang!, and now I’m hobbling on a strained calf.

Good news is I can’t feel the back.

I think I’d better leave week 8 until Monday!

9 Replies
oldestnewest

Ouch!!! I sympathise with the lower back, ( picking up small granddaughter umpteen times! ) and the calf... rest the calf and make sure it is fully back to normal before heading out...minor tears, need time to heal.. !

Thanks for the sympathy and advice. An extra few days rest should do it.

1 like

Referred pain comes to mind.

A tension in one part of the body can often cause pain or damage in another.

For the second time today I refer to the old song..........the hip bone's connected to the backbone........

Short term follow the advice of Oldfloss .Long term work on core strengthening exercises.

Here's hoping for a speedy recovery.

1 like

I thought the same. Injuries are usually the last straw and unrelated to what you've actually just done (reaching for the soap etc)

Damn. You're doing so well. Take a rest and come back stronger

Thanks Lottie. Yes very annoying. But only six more runs to go. A couple of days extra rest isn't such a big deal.

1 like

Rest, rest, rest and then think about doing it slowly.... good luck with the resting...

That's a good plan. I keep thinking I'm 25!

1 like

Oh yes you're right about the core exercises. Thanks.

You may also like...